Swaziland Journals

Swaziland surprise

A March 2004 trip to Swaziland by mdebeer

Quote: I was pleasantly surprised when visiting Swaziland. The service at the resort, Ezulwini Sun, was great. There were so many things to do and the cultural value I got from this trip was very unexpected. It is a very beautiful country and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Swaziland surprise

The highlight of this tour was the visit to the cultural visit. I was amazed at how traditional the Swazis still are and how much pride they have in their way of living. In my highlights, I also have to include the visit to the Mohair Factory. I never knew it took so much effort to make a mohair scarf for instance. Only now do I understand the high prices of these items.Quick Tips: When going to Swaziland, plan some extra time in your journey for the amount of time that you could spend at the border post. Also make sure you pop into the information desk at the entrance border for brochures on what to do once in Swaziland. It is very helpful.Best Way To Get Around: The best way t...Read More

Ezulwini Sun

Hotel

Best Things Nearby:Game reserves, glass and mohair factories, cultural village, and the casino at the Royal Swazi Sun.Best Things About the Resort:Horseback riding and great pool on the premises. Excellent babysitting that is very reasonably priced.Resort Experience:The resort has the appearance from the outside of a small Holiday Inn. Inside, it is very clean well looked after. The accommodation was very nice. It looked very much like a small Holiday Inn, but very clean and the rooms provide a lot of privacy for friends travelling together. The staff is very helpful and efficient. The resort also has an excellent restaurant on the ground floor, but t...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 8, 2004

The restaurant at the Royal Swazi Sun was great. The food was excellent and well priced, and the service was good as well. It is also conveniently located close to the casino.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 8, 2004

Camp Kwena

When going on a horse trail through the game reserve, we had to find a place for our children to be entertained while we were on the trail. We booked the children into Camp Kwena. Here the children are supervised by really excellent staff and are kept busy for two hours. The children enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 8, 2004