Boston Journals

Boston

A travel journal to Boston by lsarao

Quote: Since I live here and know of a ton of places around this area, I figured I could write about some of them for people who are visiting! I will continuously update this journal so check back often.

Boston

Again, this is where I live, so I will continuously update this journal with new gems I find. Check back often if you are planning to come to Boston! Quick Tips: Boston.com is a great site for local news and happenings. Also boston.citysearch.com is great for local restaurants and events. Best Way To Get Around: Either walking, driving, or public transportation. Boston is big and pretty spread out. If you can walk, do it. If not, take public transportation. If you have to rent a car and drive, don't say I didn't warn you -- getting around the city of Boston is NO EASY TASK. The Big Dig constan...Read More

Bay Tower Room

My boyfriend took me here for a special birthday dinner. I had the lobster and he had filet. It is very "chi chi" and snotty. The waiters all wear tuxedos and refill your water glass as soon as you take a sip. You get about 10 pieces of silverware and are expected to know when to use them. The views of the city were beautiful because the restaurant is on the top of the building. Overall, the dinner was great, but personally I like a little bit more casual restauarant.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 7, 2004

Bay Tower Room
60 State Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02109

Border Cafe

You will probably have to wait to get a table this restaurant in Harvard Square but believe me, it is well worth the wait.

The margaritas are among the best in Boston and the food is terrific. Not only do they have the staples you'd expect at a Mexican restaurant, but also great spicy cajun catfish, fish tacos, and other off the beaten path favorites. They give you a ton of food and you will leave fat and happy.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 7, 2004