Las Vegas Journals

Vegas, Baby, Vegas

An October 2003 trip to Las Vegas by lsarao

Fremont Street Experience Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada More Photos
Quote: This was a short trip to sunny Vegas. We splurged and stayed at the Bellagio!

Vegas, Baby, Vegas

Vegas Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada

WALK. The strip is long, but if you eat and drink at all Vegas's famous buffets, you may return home without gaining any weight if you walk.

Bellagio

Hotel

Bellagio Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
The Bellagio was perhaps the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. As soon as we walked in the door, we were treated like royalty. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on and the bathroom had a shower AND a tub (separately). Ask for a view of the fountains for a great view of the fountain show at night. These were clean, high class, and excellent accommodations.

Bellagio
3600 S. Las Vegas Blvd.

Spice Market Buffet

Restaurant | "Aladdin Buffet"

This buffet was advertised as the best buffet on the strip and we had to agree. It had literally EVERY type of food you could imagine and it was all GREAT. It was a bit expensive, but I highly recommend spending the extra cash. You WILL be full all day!

Spice Market Buffet
3667 Las Vegas Blvd S

Bellagio Buffet

The Bellagio buffet was good. The variety of foods was very large; they had everything from sushi to Italian to salad to chicken, steak, Chinese, and Mexican. The desserts were phenomenal. It was also not as fancy and expensive as we had originally expected. We left very fat and happy.

Bellagio Buffet
3600 Las Vegas Blvd S

Grand Buffet

Restaurant | "MGM Grand Buffet"

This was our least favorite buffet of our trip, not to say it wasn't good, but it wasn't as good as some of the others. They had an excellent SALAD bar and a LOT of seafood. My boyfriend actually made a meal of salad and king crab legs. Other than seafood though, the choices were very slim compared to other buffets we ate at.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on June 7, 2004

Grand Buffet
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
+1 702 891 1111

Hoover Dam

Hoover Dam Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
We took a bus tour to the Hoover Dam and the Cactus Gardens. The Hoover Dam tour and tour guides were very interesting and well worth the tour price. We took a guided tour inside the dam, which was very informative, and we had plenty of time to wander around on our own and view the sights.

One cool thing we did was to put one foot in Nevada and one foot in Arizona at the same time.

Hoover Dam
US Highway 93 at the Nevada-Arizona border
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101

Fremont Street Experience

Attraction | "The Freemont Street Experience"

Fremont Street Experience Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
DUMB. It took us ages to get there and then when we did and actually saw the lights go on for five whole minutes, we wished we'd stayed on the strip. The whole crowd is different than the people on the strip -- and honestly a little scary. I wouldn't waste my time.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on June 7, 2004

Fremont Street Experience
Westernmost 5 Blocks Of Fremont
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
(702) 678 5777

"O" by Cirque Du Soleil

Attraction | "Cirque Du Soleil"

Personally, I thought the show was amazing. Yes, the tickets were expensive, but I thought the stunts, setting, and performers were well worth every penny we spent. I was in awe walking out of the theatre.

"O" by Cirque Du Soleil
Bellagio Casino, 3600 Las Vegas Boulevard South

Folies Bergere

Attraction | "Folies Bergere at the Tropicana"

I loved this show, but my boyfriend hated it. It was your typical Las Vegas review-style show, but a bit more updated, like a live version of Grease almost. I thought the singing and dancing were wonderful. We sat in an old-fashioned booth with another, older couple who were very friendly. I felt like I was in a movie or another time period.

FYI: we went to a "family" style show, but I was told the later show was not so "family" oriented and had X-ratings.

Folies Bergere
3801 Las Vegas Blvd South
+1 702 992 7970

Bellagio Fountains

Attraction | "Fountain Show at the Bellagio"

Bellagio Fountains Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
This was the most relaxing and enthralling experience of our whole trip. And it was FREE! Standing outside the Bellagio Hotel and watching the water "dance" to the music was so incredibly cool. I could've stood there all night watching it. It was a nice relaxing activity and a great spot for a romantic goodnight kiss!

Bellagio Fountains