Tofino Journals

Relaxing in Tofino

A May 2004 trip to Tofino by amandabeth

Quote: We spent five relaxing days on the West Coast of Vancouver Island. We had lots of opportunities to see wildlife and be active.

Relaxing in Tofino

Watch the sunset from the beach. See a few giant cedars. Go kayaking around the islands. Go beachcombing along Long Beach.

Whalers On The Point Guest House-Hl

Hotel | "Whalers Point"

This is a fantastic hostel. There are only four people per room and the rooms are spacious to boot. There is a sauna you can use in the evening and a fantastic lounge with huge windows looking out on the bay and the islands.

The Tofino bus drops you off right at the hostel; you can catch the beach bus right outside as well. There are lots of discounts on whalewatching, hot springs tours, etc. with HI membership.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 2, 2004

Whalers On The Point Guest House-Hl
81 West
Tofino, British Columbia

West Coast wonderful

Story/Tip

Alan and I were off to Tofino for five and it was fantastic. It's a small town on the west coast of Vancouver Island and is very eco-touristy. We had to leave the house to catch a 6.15 bus, and we didn't hit Tofino until 3 because there was a one-hour wait for construction crews to blast some rocks. We attempted to visit Cathedral Grove during the wait, but it was too far back along the road. Nice walk in the sun though. However, by the time we got to Tofino the sun was gone. We wandered around the town, booked a couple of tours and bought some postcards. And broke Alan's camera lens. Alan will say I broke it, and certainly I was involved, but he had a minor role as well... Since we had forgotten my c...Read More