Las Vegas Journals

The Big Clown Scared Me

An October 2003 trip to Las Vegas by ShannonLane

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada More Photos
Quote: Upon arrival at our inexpensive hotel, I saw the big clown waiting for me. There's just something about sleeping in a circus tent that didn't appeal to me.
The entrance to this Big Top is an enormous clown. The check-in was horrible - it took an entire hour to get to the front desk. I noticed that I was one of a few non-Spanish-speaking guests. We checked in and found the rooms to be acceptable. You know the old adage, "You get what you pay for." It’s true.

I needed a margarita after the check-in process. My friends and I proceeded to the Mexican restaurant near the lobby. It boasted of half-off pitchers. They tasted like fingernail polish remover. We left the next morning.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on May 22, 2004

Circus Circus Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
2880 Las Vegas Blvd. South

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino

Hotel | "The Venetian Hotel Resort & Casino"

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada
After staying one night in the Big Top at Circus Circus, my friends and I were ready for a change of scenery. I called the Venetian and was able to get a special rate of $119/night. The doorman sings opera. The lobby looks like the Vatican.

The rooms! Oh, what luxury! I found out that these are the largest standard rooms on the strip. It had a sunken living room and special reading lights over the bed... like you are going to read in bed in Las Vegas. The bathrooms have soaking tubs and separate showers with marble dressing tables. The room even had a foyer. You can request a refridgerator for your room at no extra charge. Lock up your Godiva chocolates, though. The maid service eats them.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 6, 2004

Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
3355 Las Vegas Blvd. South

Le Village Buffet

At $24.95 for the Sunday Champagne Brunch, we ate all we could. If you can imagine it, it was there at this buffet. I would rather spend the money here than at the Bellagio Buffet. Alcohol was included in the price, and the dessert area was "to die for." Be prepared to wait. When you arrive, a time is given to you to return, where you will wait in line for the next seating.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on July 6, 2004

Le Village Buffet
Paris Las Vegas Hotel

Bellagio Buffet

After eating at Le Village Buffet the day before, we were spoiled. There were no lines to get into the dinner buffet at the Bellagio. We were seated and our drink orders were taken. The buffet had the typical king crab legs and such. I was not impressed. Then the bill came for my house red wine--they charged me $10 a glass. They must have thought I was Steve Wynn's girlfriend.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on July 6, 2004