Myrtle Beach Journals

Beach Retreat with Sunday School Singles

A June 2003 trip to Myrtle Beach by ncladyfromva

Beach Retreat 2003 Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina More Photos
Quote: This was a beach retreat with the singles at my church. They have this retreat every year, but this was my first trip and an ice-breaker to get to know new people.

Beach Retreat with Sunday School Singles

Beach Retreat 2003 Photo, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
There are so many things to do at the beach from the large choices of restaurants, to the many beaches to lounge out at. I am not into the nightlife of clubs, but I know there are many of those as well. There’s plenty of shopping centers and amusement parks. There is something for all ages.Quick Tips: Always make sure you have good maps to take with you. Take a good atlas for traveling and one of the layout of Myrtle Beach. You can go to the websites to get these ahead of time or if you are a member of AAA, they will send you maps as well as information.Best Way To Get Around: I prefer using my own vehicle to get around. The main beach highway is always heavily populated with t...Read More

Springmaid Beach

Hotel | "Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center"

This is not a hotel I would consider to be of highest quality, but they do have some nice amenities. It is good for large groups who are looking for a conference center and budget prices.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on May 22, 2004

Springmaid Beach
3200 SOUTH OCEAN BOULEVARD
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577
843-315-7100

Crabby Mike's

We opted for the buffet, which had a large selection to choose from, but was rather pricey. You would only get your money's worth if you are a big eater. The food was great, but just pricey.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 22, 2004

Crabby Mike's
290 Highway 17 N
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29575
(843)444-2722

NASCAR SpeedPark Myrtle Beach

Attraction | "Nascar at Broadway at the Beach"

We had several groups who went to several activities, but my group chose the Nascar at Broadway at the Beach. The price was not bad and we all had a blast. The line was long, as are all lines for activities at the beach.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 22, 2004