Navarre Journals

Week in Navarre Beach

A May 2004 trip to Navarre by tessh24

Quote: This is a beautiful, peaceful paradise to spend a week in.
We stayed in 502C and it was really nice. We had eight people in our party and we never felt overcrowded. The owners have done a wonderful job of decorating tastefully and making the most out of the room the condo offers. It felt spacious and we had wonderful views. We had two bedrooms and a bunk room. The kids LOVED it and felt at home with a room of their own. Everyone we met there was very friendly. Some of our party was also in 402 C -- it was a nice condo as well. The staff was great, very helpful, friendly, and personable. The pool maintenance guys were really nice and were excited to tell you about attractions and things to do in the area. I would not consider staying anywhere else if I...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on May 11, 2004

Summerwind Resort
8577 Gulf Blvd.
1(877) 852-4853

Beach Monkey

Restaurant | "Cocodries"

Cocodries was a nice place for my husband and I to eat dinner. We were put in a room off to the side that was quiet and there were only a few other couples there in the room. So it felt quaint. The service was excellent. The prices were not bad.

The food was good, but there was not a lot of seasoning. I prefer a lot of taste to my food. I was able to get melted butter and salt on my shrimp and it tasted great then.

I would not recommend taking the kids there for dinner, but I would eat there again.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 11, 2004

Beach Monkey
8649 Gulf Boulevard
Navarre Beach, Florida 32566

Cowboy’s Steakhouse

Restaurant | "Cowboy's Steakhouse"

We had a party of nine that ate there and we forgot the rule: don't order water at a restaurant near the Gulf because it will taste terrible. Some of our party had tea, which was bearable. All the rest of the drinks, including soda, tasted fishy. So tea is your best bet. The food was good, but it was hard to look past not having something decent to drink. The atmosphere was great for families and if you like to drink beer, it’s a great place to eat. It may have been just a bad day for drinks there? Who knows. They did have good lunch specials during the week.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 11, 2004

Cowboy’s Steakhouse
8673 Navarre Parkway
Navarre Beach, Florida

I did not eat here, but some of my family did and they said the food was great and they had decent prices. They ate there for lunch. They even went back a few times. It is easy to get to and there's a cute shop for souvenirs next door.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 11, 2004

Barracuda’s Bar and Grill
8469 Gulf Blvd

Trader Vic's Caribbean Grill

Restaurant | "Vic's"

Vic's was a great place that you could bring the kids. The atmosphere was very relaxed. The service was good as well. The have trivia nights and other activities. It is a great place to check out if you are in Navarre.

The salads were great and so was the food. Our family ate there a few times during our stay. They also give large helpings of fish and fries.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on May 11, 2004

Trader Vic's Caribbean Grill
8495 Navarre Parkway
Navarre Beach, Florida 32566

Flounder's Chowder House

Restaurant | "Flounders"

The place was neat. It was a fun atmosphere for kids -- they had a beach area and playground for the kids to play.

The prices were too high, though, and I had a hard time ordering. They had NO grilled shrimp. The service was excellent though. There was a nice gift shop next door and it was a fun atmosphere. My meal was $20, and for me and my two-year-old, the bill came to $30. It’s not a place to watch the budget.

At night, they have more of a bar atmosphere. On Friday, they had a bikini contest and other activities, but those started around 11pm, so it was late enough for the kids to be out of there and in bed.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on May 11, 2004

Flounder's Chowder House
800 Quietwater Beach Road
Pensacola, Florida 32561
(850) 932-2003

Navarre Beach

Story/Tip

This is the most breathtaking, peaceful place I have ever been. The sand was white and cool -- it never got hot on your feet. The water was green, light blue, and royal blue depending on the depth. It was what I think paradise would look like. We went in early May. It was peaceful and there were only a handful of people there. We drove to Destin to the outlet mall and that area of the panhandle was more crowded. But it was beautiful as well. So if you want quiet and peacefulness, you will want to stay in Navarre. There are a Winn Dixie and a brand new Publix before the bridge and they are building a Target this next year by Publix. There are about six restaurants and seven fast food places in N...Read More