Hot Springs Journals

Hot Springs Racing

A March 2004 trip to Hot Springs by PaulaG

Quote: I won during horse racing season in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Los Lagos at Hot Springs Village

Hotel | "Los Lagos"

Best Things Nearby:Horse racing, the natural hot springs, live entertainment, and fine dining.Best Things About the Resort:The bathtub/jacuzzi tub was huge! I mean, four people could fit in it easily (although we didn't try to fit four people in!). It was great!Resort Experience:We own at Los Lagos II, but have never stayed there. We did bonus time at Los Lagos for horse racing season. Los Lagos is older than the resort timeshare we own at Los Lagos II, but it was huge! There was plenty of room. It was clean and well taken care of. The deck was wonderful. We sat on it and looked out over the lake. It was beautiful. As I mentioned before the jacuzzi tub...Read More

Los Lagos at Hot Springs Village
1 Los Lagos Drive
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71909

Have you ever eaten a Rueben sandwich at the horse races? Yum! These sandwiches are the best I've ever had! I come back year after year partly to get a Rueben at the races. I even have to take my parents home a couple of sandwiches because they love them so much too.

Oaklawn Park Sports Bar
Hot Springs, Arkansas

The Faded Rose

The Faded Rose has Cajun food. I love the prime rib. It has the most wonderful spice. The soaked salad is wonderful if you like olives. Try the fried artichoke hearts for something new. Delicious! It is usually crowded, so be prepared to wait a few minutes before sitting.

The Faded Rose
210 Central Ave
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71901

Oaklawn Park

The excitement of horse racing! Bet the daily double and cross your fingers! This visit the daily double paid over $100 on a $2 bet. This year is the 100th anniversary of Oaklawn Park. The grounds are beautiful and the horses magnificent. The thrill is unbelievable.

2705 Central Avenue
Hot Springs, Arkansas 71902
(800) OAKLAWN

The bath house at the Arlington is my favorite. We go almost every year. You take a thermal bath with the heated spring water from the natural hot springs. The attendants even come and wash you with loufah. When you are finished with the bath, you lay around with hot packs on your aches and pains! From there on the massage tables! I tell you, you are like a noodle when finished with the whole session! A must for those that love to be pampered.

Arlington Hotel Bath and Massage