Orlando Journals

Bugged Vacation

An August 2003 trip to Orlando by Movin' Matta

Quote: This resort is one of the better ones we have visited in our six years of timeshare travel. The staff is dedicated to making certain that the guests have a great time.

Cypress Pointe Resort

Hotel | "Cypress Pointe Grandvillas"

Best Things Nearby:This area offers a hodgepodge of activities. Orlando is synonymous for fun. There’s no need to rehash the wide variety of things in the area.Best Things About the Resort:This is a full service resort. It offers several pools, a few with bars and game rooms attached. My mother and I experienced the spa treatment and it was wonderful. They have excellent masseuses there. We also took advantage of the family bikes. They offered us loads of fun. The kids loved it.Resort Experience:We arrived and were greeted by a lizard in one of the units. Now coming from the Midwest, we have none of these issues. We were horrified. After a while and some...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 26, 2004

Cypress Pointe Resort
8651 Treasure Cay Lane
Orlando, Florida 32830-2069
407-597-1929

Boston Lobster Feast I-Drive

Restaurant | "Boston Lobster Feast"

The restaurant is nice for those who are not accustomed to something better. Now I am not a snob, but I am used to good food, especially while on vacation. It is an all-you-can-eat seafood restaurant. I have never been to a seafood buffet restaurant in Florida and I was disappointed. The food was not the most tasty, but there were all-you-can-eat lobsters, too. They were very small and hard to find the meat in the shells. As I stated, it is fine to stop in for some eats, but if you are looking for a nicely prepared meal, please seek other facilities.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on April 26, 2004

Boston Lobster Feast I-Drive
8731 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32809

Landry's Seafood

Restaurant | "Landry's Seafood House"

This was the best meal of the vacation. I am a seafood fanatic, so when I opened the vast menu, I was awe-struck. I finally decided on one of the combinations and, boy, was I happy that I did. The shrimp were large and well prepared. The crabcakes were very tasty. There were seven of us, including three kids, and we all were very happy with the choice that niight. After a long drive there from Michigan, we were glad to have a great meal with wonderful service.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 26, 2004