Austin Journals

Zigbee Quarterly meeting - 2/15/04

A February 2004 trip to Austin by gmulligan

Quote: Attended Zigbee quarterly meeting at Motorola, outside Austin.
This is an excellent motel! The staff was great. The rooms are nice and well priced. You'll get free high speed internet with your room!!! The resort is just down the road from Motorola and easy access from the airport.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 19, 2004

SpringHill Suites Austin North
12520 North I-35
Austin, Texas 78753
512-833-8100

Cool River Cafe

This is a really great restaurant. The service is fantastic and the steaks are great. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but stop by. If you are in the area, have dinner here!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 19, 2004

Cool River Cafe
4001 W Parmer LN
Austin, Texas 78727

Salt Lick 360

This place came highly recommended for their unique sauce, but I just didn't get it. I thought the sauce wasn't that unique -- in fact. I really didn't like it. The service wasn't all that great either and it was very noisy. I don't plan to go back.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on April 19, 2004

Salt Lick 360
3801 N Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, Texas 78746

Chuy's

For all of the hype this place got, I thought it was just OK. They do have a chips and salsa bar, but I thought the salsas were uninteresting. The food was ok, but one member of our party got sick that evening, possibly from the food. I don't think I'll go back.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on April 19, 2004

Chuy's
1728 Barton Springs Road
Austin, Texas 78704
+1 512 474 4452

County Line on the Lake

Restaurant | "The County Line On The Lake"

Bring your appetite, but don't expect great food. You get a lot, especially if you order the Cadillac, but I would say the BBQ was only so so. It is a fun place to go, but I wouldn't order the Cadillac again. Instead, I would order something special off the menu.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on April 19, 2004