Las Vegas Journals

Turning 21 in Vegas

A July 2003 trip to Las Vegas by seo4752

Quote: I took my son, who had just turned 21, to Vegas to celebrate the big birthday. We had a wonderful time together. He got to see a totally different side of his "mother".

Turning 21 in Vegas

There is so much to see and do in Vegas. I wanted to see and do as much as I could with my son on this trip because it could have very well been the first and last trip to Vegas for the two of us. The most memorable moment was when my son put .50 in a nickel slot machine at the Riviera and won . He was extremely happy. I took a picture of him next to the winning spin and he is holding a drink in one hand and giving the thumbs up with the other. That is a moment we will always remember and enjoy. Quick Tips: Wear good comfortable tennis shoes and maybe add some gel insoles to them. You will be walking a lot!Best Way To Get Around: We would take the bus down to one e...Read More

Leisure Resort

Hotel | "Leisure Resorts of Las Vegas"

I traded my timeshare week and was only able to get into the Leisure Resorts in Las Vegas. It is not on the strip but is only one block off the strip. It sits behind Flamingo/Imperial Palace. I was only able to get a one-bedroom unit instead of a two-bedroom, so that was a bit disappointing. My son slept on the sleeper sofa.

They did not have a lot of amenities to offer. The swimming pools were a big letdown. The laundry facilities were inadequate. Thankfully, we did not really spend any time here other than to catch a few hours of sleep before heading out to the strip.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on April 5, 2004

100 Winick Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada

Best Things Nearby:1 block off the stripBest Things About the Resort:1 block off the stripResort Experience:I was not impressed with this "time share" resort. The swimming pools were a joke. The laundry facilities consisted of 1 washer and 1 dryer in a closet in an alley behind the resort. What is that about? Thankfully, we only spent about 6 hours per day in the unit - just time to shower and catch a few hours of sleep. I would only recommend this resort as a "last resort" Unit Type: 1 Bedroom Activities: Poor Amenities: Poo...Read More

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on April 5, 2004

100 Winick Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada

Bellagio Buffet

We went to the lunch buffet at the Bellagio and it was definitely worth every penny. The lunch buffet costs $16.95 per person. The food was delicious. They had beef, pork, chicken, turkey, ham, seafood, and many side dishes to choose from -- a great variety of food. The desserts are to die for!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 5, 2004

Bellagio Buffet
3600 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

California Hotel & Casino

Restaurant | "Hotel California"

I had read about the prime rib special at the Hotel California for $5.95 per person. It was definitely worth the price. For $5.95, you got a trip to the salad bar, which was better than most salad bars, a slab of prime rib, baked potato with all the trimmings, California vegetable blend, a roll, and cherries jubilee for dessert. Now that's bang for your buck!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 5, 2004

California Hotel & Casino
12 E Ogden Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101

Bourbon Street Hotel Diner

Restaurant | "Bourbon Street"

The little diner inside Bourbon Street is not much to look at. This is an older casino that has not been kept up. But you can get the most fantastic breakfast of eggs, hash browns, toast, and ham with a cup of coffee for about $2.35 per person. The ham is absolutely wonderful. It is sweet, smoky, and succulent. I have gone there many times to eat this in the wee hours of the morning before going back to the hotel for a few hours of shut eye.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on April 5, 2004

Bourbon Street Hotel Diner
120 E. Flamingo Rd.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
800/634-6956

Carnival World Buffet

Restaurant | "Rio Seafood Buffet"

I had heard so much about this seafood buffet, but was very disappointed when I actually went. I did not think it was worth the money. The lobsters were small "lobster slips" that are apparently imported from Australia. I much prefer the whole Maine lobsters. The food was good, but I did not think it compared to the Bellagio buffet.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on April 5, 2004