Kauai Journals

Eight Days in Kauai

A May 2003 trip to Kauai by jbuttrey

Quote: I had an amazing time in Hawaii. I stayed on the Island of Kauai for the majority of my trip, but did travel to Oahu to see Pearl Harbor and go snorkeling on Waikiki Beach.

Poipu Shores Resort

Hotel | "Poipu Shores"

Poipu Shores has to be the best location on the island. The waves were crashing only feet from my balcony. It was truly like heaven. The swimming pool on the property is built oceanside. When the huge waves crash, every once in a while, you actually feel the spray while you're in the pool! It's an incredible place and well worth the somewhat pricey $235 per night!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 1, 2004

Poipu Shores Resort
1775 Pe'e Road
Kauai, Hawaii 96756

Roy's

Restaurant | "Roy's Poipu Bar & Grill"

The experience of dining at Roy's was fantastic. The atmosphere is terrific, with great views of the beautiful Hawaiian landscape. I started my meal with shrimp on a stick with wasabi cocktail sauce; the shrimp was incredibly flavorful and cooked perfectly. My entrée, slow braised and charbroiled short ribs of beef, was also cooked to perfection -- extremely lean and so tender that it melted in my mouth. The flavors of the foods at Roy's are so unique and interesting, yet true to themselves and true culinary genius. My meal was topped off with Roy's famous melting hot chocolate soufflé. There are two things one must do in a lifetime: own a convertible and eat Roy’s chocolate soufflé.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 1, 2004