Redmond Journals

Central Oregon in the Spring

A March 2004 trip to Redmond by elenahass

Quote: We took a trip to Central Oregon for our girls to try skiing for the first time.
Best Things Nearby:Skiing.Best Things About the Resort:It is a great location with lots of activities. The rooms are very nice.Resort Experience:We knew as soon as we walked in the unit that is was nice. The entry is rock tile and very nice. The downstairs has one bedroom and it had two twin beds, which was perfect for our two daughters to share. There is also a bathroom with a washer and dryer, living room, dining room, and kitchen downstairs. The kitchen is very well equipped; it even has a waffle maker, coffee maker, coffee grinder, and popcorn popper. The living room couch could pull out to a bed if we had needed that and it had a big window seat to ...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 22, 2004

Eagle Crest Resort
1522 Cline Falls Road
Redmond, Oregon 97756

Panda Restaurant

Restaurant | "Panda Restaraunt"

My family loves this place. My husband says they have the best egg foo young he has ever had. My kids like the sweet and sour chicken and the teriyaki chicken. The food is very affordable and delicious. The meals come with egg flower soup, hot tea, and, of course, what Chinese meal would be complete without fortune cookies? It’s worth the 30-minute drive from Redmond.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 22, 2004

Panda Restaurant
555 North Main Street
Redmond, Oregon

Outback Steakhouse

The Outback has great steaks and large portions. My husband and I shared a meal and it was plenty. The kids’ meals had a lot of food. We ordered them sundaes off the kids’ menu and they were some of the biggest kids’ sundaes I have ever seen. The meal includes delicious fresh bread. The only word of caution is that we ordered our daughter the ribs on the kids’ menu and they were a little too spicy for her, so take that into consideration if you are thinking of ordering those.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 22, 2004

Outback Steakhouse
Reed Market Rd
Bend 97701

Skiing

We took our three-year-old and six-year-old daughters skiing for the first time. Hoodoo is a great place for beginner skiers. We took them on the Easy Rider lift, which is only $14 and free for anyone under six. Since we were there midweek, we never had to wait in line to get on the lift and there was almost no one on the hill. The Easy Rider run is a very gradual, a short hill, and my oldest was skiing down it by herself after only a few runs. We did take one day to enjoy the new tubing hill, the Autobon. It has a tube lift and different runs for beginner up to black diamond. The kids and a blast; we bought the two-hour lift ticket and it was plenty of time for them to enjoy sledding.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 22, 2004