Solana Beach Journals

Week in California

A February 2004 trip to Solana Beach by cmd3316

Quote: My son was graduating from the Marines and I stayed with my mom and two boys at the Winner's Circle in Solana Beach, CA. The weather was warm and the resort was accommodating and clean. We enjoyed our stay there.

Week in California

The most memorable was the famous San Diego Zoo. We spent a full day there. We rode the double-decker bus and walked the whole zoo. Great family time. We also went to Sea World. All the shows were entertaining.

A quick tip. Go off-season if possible. No waiting and no lines.

We rented a car. It was so we could be where we wanted to be whenever we wanted!! Driving was easy once we knew where everything was. I-5 highway takes you everywhere!!

Winner's Circle Beach & Tennis Resort

Hotel | "Winner's Circle Beach and Tennis Resort"

The accommodations were awesome. We had two floors. Upstairs we had two twin beds and a foldout coach that slept two. A full kitchen included dishwasher, stove, refrigerator and even a garbage disposal. Down stairs was a full-size king bed plus another full-size bathroom with a whirlpool bathtub. Everything was clean. The furniture was a little outdated, but in good condition. We had plenty of room and very home-type situation. Service was great and would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys relaxation.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 13, 2004

Winner's Circle Beach & Tennis Resort
550 Via De La Valle
Solana Beach, California 92075
858-755-6666

Great seafood place. Pleasant atmosphere and great service. Just my mom and I went there. The kids didn't care for seafood! If I were to stay there again, I would for sure visit Solana Beach Fish House again. What a great place to dine.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 13, 2004