Paris Journals

Shopping in Paris

A February 2004 trip to Paris by scubadiva

Quote: This was an experiment--to spend my birthday in Paris and be there for a weekend!

Shopping in Paris

I had a wild idea to go to Paris for my birthday weekend! I knew that time was going to be precious, so I wanted to do and see as much as possible. I hired Rebecca from Chic Shopping in Paris. If time is limited, this is the way to go. She was able to keep an eye out for what I was looking for and was able to take me to the best stores.Quick Tips: Rebecca took me to the outlet mall, LaVallee, in the outskirts of Paris for a great afternoon of shopping. The prices were very good and the selection of merchandise was also very good. There are Versace, LaMarthe, and Lancel outlet stores there. Best Way To Get Around: With Rebecca's help, we took the train out to the LaValle Mall. ...Read More

Angelina

This is the BEST hot chocolate in all of Paris! They serve you a pitcher of pure hot chocolate and a bowl of sweetened heavy whipped cream that you blend together in your cup! Oh my! This is a must in Paris! Try to go before teatime around 3pm!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on February 28, 2004

Angelina
226 rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001
01 42 60 82 00

Montparnasse Artist Market

Attraction | "Montparnesse artist market"

I have been to see the artists at Sacre Coure and they were fine, but I wanted less touristy-type art. This is what I found at the artist market in Montparnesse. It is open on Sundays from 10am to early afternoon. There were 50 artists there the day I went and I was able to see some interesting sculptures, paintings, etchings, and jewelry.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on February 28, 2004