Maui Journals

Back to the Islands/Maui

An August 2003 trip to Maui by AngelaMHaven

Quote: We got married in Maui in September 2002 and went back to revisit for our first wedding anniversary. This was a trip we will never forget because of both the good and the not-so-good.

Back to the Islands/Maui

The highlight of our trip was visiting the beach that we got married on. It had changed, but still brought back great memories. Snorkeling on Wailuea Beach was great - if you go to the left of the beach and out, you can swim with the turtles! Go check out the Lahaina Fish Company for dinner - this restaurant in downtown Lahaina overlooks Lahaina Harbor and offers the freshest fish! Quick Tips: Be very careful if you decide to take the bicycle trip on Mt. Haleakala. Make sure that you do not have problems with elevation and that you can ride a bike. I thought I was OK with both of those things, but had a very serious accident; the bike and I went off the side of the mountain about 30 feet and ...Read More

Papakea

Hotel

Papakea Resort is a wonderful resort with condos located in a great area close to shopping, dining and the water! This resort overlooks the water but you will need to walk a few feet from your unit for beach access - there is a sea wall. But a great place to hang out and enjoy the sunshine!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 4, 2004

Papakea
Lower Honoapiilani Road
Maui, Hawaii

Lahaina Fish Company

Restaurant | "Lahaine Fish Company"

Lahaina Fish Company is located in downtown Lahaina on the waterfront! We ate dinner here two nights on our trip and could have eaten here every night.

If you like oysters Rockefeller, this is the place to go! They are amazing -- we actually made a dinner out of these! The fish is fresh and they have all the local fish you could ask for served many different ways.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on March 2, 2004

Lahaina Fish Company
831 Front St
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
+1 808 661 3472

Maui Tacos

Maui Tacos is the place to be! It has locations all over Maui! If you are craving Mexican food and don't feel like getting dressed up, then head to Maui Tacos. You have many different choices of salsa! I always go for the cheese quesadilla, but my husband tries something new every time we go. If I don't get my Maui Tacos on a trip to Maui, then it's not a trip to Maui!!!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 2, 2004