Aruba Journals

Our First Trip to Aruba 2003

A May 2003 trip to Aruba by jmtlion

Quote: We took our first trip to Aruba last year and are planning to return the same time in 2004.

Our First Trip to Aruba 2003

From the moment we arrived at the airport, we realized that this is one happy island. When my wife and I went to Aruba, the main purpose was relaxation. Our time on the island was spent reading, swimming, eating, smoking Cuban cigars, and relaxing.

Talk to the people at the front desk of the hotel, the taxi drivers, and the people who work in the shops. They can give you some great information on local restaurants and attractions.

By far the best way we found to get around was by bus and taxi. We were in Aruba for a week and never needed a car. Next time, we will rent a car for one day to see the other side of the island.

Divi Village

Hotel

The Divi Village was everything we could have asked for. When we arrived, the front desk greeted us with a smile and sent us directly to our room. The room was a studio, which was more than enough for my wife and me. The room had a king-size bed, full kitchen, in-room safe, and a balcony. The room was clean and well taken care of by the cleaning staff. The only problem we had was one I caused -- I wanted to keep the sliding glass open, not realizing that the condensation would collect on the floor. Once I kept the door closed, everything was perfect again. We plan on staying at the Divi Village again this year.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 27, 2004

Que Pasa Restaurant Bar & Art Gallery

Restaurant | "Que Pasa"

We were on our way to the Driftwood, but our taxi driver told us that on the night we chose, the restaurant was closed. We asked him for a suggestion and told us to go to Que Pasa.

Que Pasa offers an open-air atmosphere in the heart of Oranjestad. The surrounding area is not very pretty, but the food and service more than make up for it. I had the steak and my wife had the fish. Both dishes were prepared exactly how we ordered them. The people make you feel at home. We will go back to Que Pasa this year.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on January 27, 2004

Que Pasa Restaurant Bar & Art Gallery
Wilhelminastraat #18
Oranjestad, Aruba
+297-583-4888

Timeshare Tours

Story/Tip

If I can suggest one thing, please take a couple of timeshare tours. Whether you are interested or not, take the hour or two out of your day to go to on the tour so you get the free prizes. It is more than worth it.