Bergen is a beautiful little village and it's very easy to have a nice peaceful day around there and not be bored at all. Bergen has:
1. Lovely shops spread out around the village.
2. Really nice restaurants and cafes (try the cafe with the pillars if you come across it).
3. Quite a lot of art galleries spread about the village.
4. Great architecture and BEAUTIFUL houses.
5. An animal park for small children.
6. If you have some money to spend, there are also some great 3-star and 4-star hotels.
Bergen is one of those 'see and be seen' places and a lovely place to spend a day or two.