Virginia Beach Journals

Summer in Virigina Beach

An August 2003 trip to Virginia Beach by Jodi L

Sunrise Photo, Virginia Beach, Virginia More Photos
Quote: A week in paradise.

Summer in Virigina Beach

Sunrise Photo, Virginia Beach, Virginia
The boardwalk is abuzz constantly, and you can rent bikes for two or four or more and just cruise up and down. Our trip to the old lighthouse was wonderful. Yes, there is a ton of security to get in, as if it's on a base, but once inside, it was perfect. I left climbing to the top to the husband and son, but they came back with great pictures!Quick Tips: It was a great time and quite relaxing. I am an early bird, so every morning I went to the boardwalk and watched the sun come up and the area come alive. It is a beautiful place that's kept extremely clean at all times. Just go and relax and enjoy it all!Best Way To Get Around: We got trolley passes for the week. They're the best val...Read More

Ocean Key Resort

Hotel | "Ocean Key Resort #2295"

Best Things Nearby:Everything, but mostly the beach!Best Things About the Resort:Great rooms, staff, and amenities. Whatever it doesn't have, it has it a sister resort. But it had everything we needed.Resort Experience:It's a wonderful resort that made families feel very welcome and comfortable. Relaxed environment. It's across from the beach, which was perfect, and so close to everything! It happened to be the surf competition weekend, so it was a bit busy but the weekdays were perfect. Boardwalk/beach was alive with live bands performing and volleyball. Unit Type: 1 Bedroom ...Read More

Ocean Key Resort
424 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451

This was the best dinner of all! I was expecting them to not be family-friendly, but they are extremely family-friendly, especially accommodating the children in the restaurant. Staff was very friendly and the food was excellent! I hate using coupons for anything but we used the coupon offered in the tour books, and they were wonderful, even suggesting we add on chicken with the steak for a minimal additional charge.

The food was delicious and steak cooked as ordered. I was just sorry that we waited until our last night to go there for dinner, or we would have been there every night. Great menu that's not overpriced.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on December 18, 2003

Black Angus Restaurant
706 Atlantic Ave.
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451

It was a great day! It was steaming hot (hottest weather on record, I do believe) and this was the perfect day to go. My son enjoyed every minute there and used each attraction at least 10 times, so I don't think he missed anything. And he still talks about it!

Ocean Breeze Water Park
849 General Booth Boulevard

Motorworld

Tons of fun for everyone! Great choice of tracks for all ages. My son had a great time, and I think his dad enjoyed it just as much. Nice snack bar.

Motorworld