St. Louis Journals

Wedding Weekend

A July 2000 trip to St. Louis by kannruss

St. Louis Zoo Photo, St. Louis, Missouri More Photos
Quote: This is journal of an exhausted traveler with a particular airline on the worst traveling weekend of Summer 2000 (a weekend in which Air Traffic Control) was responsible for numerous delays.

Wedding Weekend

St. Louis Zoo, Tour of the Arch, Union Station are great places to visit if you've never been to St Louis. Please be advised that their were major construction projects going on in 1999/2000 and it could be continuing.

You need a car!

St. Louis Union Station

Attraction | "Union Station"

St. Louis Union Station Photo, St. Louis, Missouri
My cousins and I visited this establishment when in St Louis. It wasn't as large as I expected it to be but it had several nice shops as well as familiar retailers such as the Gap and Express. I enjoyed my time there very much. They also had a nice food court area that was comfortable. The name Union Station comes from the fact that this is made out of an old train station. How fitting!! Its great. You should definitely check it out but don't expect the enormity of modern-day malls.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 27, 2001

St. Louis Union Station
1820 Market St
St. Louis, Missouri 63103

St. Louis Zoo

St. Louis Zoo Photo, St. Louis, Missouri
The zoo is great for young and old. It was a great day for my cousins and I to go because it had just finished raining so there was no one there. It was great fun to see all the different animals and their strange habits. Also it was fun to see the mock ups of their habitats and how each of the animals prefers to live and eat. I didn't really enjoy the birds as much as I did the apes and monkeys. They are doing a lot of construction so its going to be ten times better in the years to come.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on March 27, 2001

St. Louis Zoo
1 Government Drive (forest Park)
St. Louis, Missouri 63110

I'm writing this note inside a food court area at Chicago's O'Hare Airport. I am extremely exhausted and more aggravated than I've ever been in quite a while. Perhaps because I haven't flown on a(n) ************* Airlines flight since February. I guess I forgot about the consistently delayed flights, the last minute seat changes, snotty representatives, and 3rd class service. But if time allowed me to temporarily forget this treatment, my weekend trip to Saint Louis certainly made a mark in my memory bank that will certainly not escape for quite a while. Over the last ten years I have come to rely on **** for all of my travel needs. I found the lowest available fares always with ******. I event...Read More
Fairview Heights, Illinois is a great city just over the Missouri/Illinois border. Its has a lot of shopping centers and a great ambience. It's not as huge and overwhelming as St. Louis but has definite charm. There is a great mall with specialty stores and the regular department stores and there are shopping plazas around as well. As far as churches I prefer Faith Alliance Church, a Christian and Missionary Alliance Church in the area. What a great city to visit if you have the time.
Another cute little place to visit is Edwardsville, Illinois near Collinsville. Again, it has shopping centers like Walmart and K-Mart and great little coffee shops around as well.