Philadelphia Journals

Cable meeting - 8/26/01

An August 2001 trip to Philadelphia by gmulligan

Quote: Meeting with cable.

Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Downtown

Hotel | "Marriott Courtyard"

I was amazed that this HOTEL was called a Courtyard. It is not like any Courtyard that I have ever stayed in. It is a very nice hotel in downtown Philly.

It was very difficult to get to because of construction, but my room had a wonderful view of downtown and some famous steeple. The lobby was fantastic and the staff was helpful and the rooms well appointed.

They charge .50 for local call, but they do have high speed internet for $9.95/day. If you are downtown, FI think that this is a great place to stay.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 20, 2003

Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Downtown
21 NORTH JUNIPER ST
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
215-496-3200

I've stayed here many times because it is near the office. Nothing special. There's no high speed internet, but hey, it's close to the office and less expensive than the Embassy Suites.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on February 13, 2004

Marriott Courtyard
6400 W. Broad Street

Liberty Bell

Just seeing the Liberty Bell is awesome. The wait can be quite long, but it is worth it. Totally amazing. This is THE Liberty Bell, crack and all. Wow. Everyone should see this. It is inspiring. I don't like to wait in lines, but this was worth it.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 20, 2003

Liberty Bell
500 Market St (corner Fifth And Sixth Streets)

Amtrak

Attraction | "Amtrack"

We were supposed to fly from Philadelphia to Richmond, but the planes were grounded because of weather. I called Amtrack and they had a train leaving in 30 minutes. We grabbed a cab and yelled to the cabbie, get us to the train station...and fast. He weaved in and out of traffic and shortly thereafter we were at the train station. We bought business class tickets (and saved over $300 per ticket over the airline). After grabbing some McDondalds we high tailed it to the platform and got on the train. It was great. We could get up, walk around, get our free drinks from the beverage/eating car, and we were able to work on the trip down. We even were able to watch as the trai...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 20, 2003