San Miguel de Allende Journals

SAN MIGUEL "GREAT PLACE FOR ALL AGES"

An August 2003 trip to San Miguel de Allende by lutz_r

Quote: I would define this place as a very Mexican town where you can find a lot things to do. The houses and streets are Mexican old fashioned, everybody is very friendly, and the food is excellent.

SAN MIGUEL "GREAT PLACE FOR ALL AGES"

FOOD!!! DRINKS!!! COFFEE!!! CULTURE!!! This town has it all! I went with my brother (21), my friend Ray (21), my wife (21), my daughter (only 7 months old), and me (22) -- we all had an excellent time. We arrived at Posada la Ermita (RCI RESORT #0113). It’s an excellent place to go I will always crash there when I go. You can read more about it in my journal from this resort. Close by, there are thermal waters where you can go swimming, so it's fun for kids and it's only about 5miles away. You can also take tour to Guanajuato where you can see the mummies and the gorgeous town. There is also a lot of nightlife in San Miguel, so it's a good place to meet ladies from Mexico, USA, and al...Read More
Best Things Nearby:EVERYTHING! You have to visit this place!Best Things About the Resort:The location is excellent -- it is right in town on the top of a hill so you have the best view you can get. The resort is very well kept, the gardens are great and the pool is O.K. I don't know why this is only a standard resort -- I think it deserves to be an INTERNATIONAL DISTINCTION RESORT at least.Resort Experience:There is only one problem (not for me) about this resort: STEPS, LOTS OF STEPS!!! To my room, there were 123 large steps, so it is very exhausting for some people to climb so many steps, but if you’re in shape and you want the best view possible, it's...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 12, 2003

Posada La Ermita
Pedro Vargas 64

El Pegaso

We went here for breakfast and it was great. The service is very good. I ordered benedictine eggs, which were great, I think the best I've ever had. I highly recommend this place if you like good food at a low price.

The decoration is cool--you can buy anything that they have. Everything has a price tag, so if you're interested you can buy a Mexican souvenir right in the restaurant.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 14, 2003

El Pegaso
Corregidora 6

Mama Mia

I thought I was going to a great place because they told me that all the tourists like it there, but it was not what I expected. If you want bad service and tasteless food, this is the place.

I ordered a pizza, which was not good at all. They should try harder with the menu because the place is very nice and it has a good location. They also have a live band, so that's nice. They only have to change the chef and things would be much better.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on October 14, 2003

Mama Mia
Umaran 8
(52 4) 152-2063

Rincon de Don Tomas

We went here for breakfast. It's a small restaurant near the main garden, so it's a good option if you're there. The service is very good and the food is very tasty.

I didn't go for lunch or dinner here, but the next time I go to San Miguel I will definitely visit Don Tomas because of its overall quality of the restaurant.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 14, 2003

Rincon de Don Tomas
Portal de Guadalupe #2

La Finestra Cafe

This a small cafe in a very private "placita" a few blocks away from the main garden. This has the best ice mochaccino I have ever tasted--I ordered three in only one hour! The meals are also very good, nothing extra special but it's ok for the money.

The only thing I didn't like about this place is that they only have one bathroom, and it's not very clean.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 14, 2003

La Finestra Cafe
Canal 21

Tio Lucas

THE BEST RESTAURANT IN SAN MIGUEL!!! That's the best way to describe this excellent restaurant. When you check out the menu, immediately you will notice that your meal is going to be great. They have great steaks and the desserts are tip top.

We met the owner there, and he is a very friendly guy who treated us very well and recommended some places to visit.

If you're looking for quality, service, and the best food in town, this is the place!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on October 14, 2003

Tio Lucas
Mesones 103
+52 (415) 152-4996

Pamplonada

Restaurant | "La Pamplonada"

This restaurant is very curious because they only have two different meals per day on the menu and they include beer and dessert. Let me tell you, it is very cheap only $5. I ate a delicious big size arrachera, a beer, and my dessert and it was very good. We only went there once, but I would go there again if I was short on cash. The music here is very good.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on October 15, 2003

Pamplonada
San Miguel de Allende

Juanita Pizza

On day we wanted a pizza delivered to the hotel and we asked some guys that worked at the hotel which pizzeria was the best one. They told us that they liked pizzeria Juanita a lot and that it delivered to the hotel.

The pizza took like one hour to arrive, but it was worth the wait. It was better than I imagined and the pizzas were big and cheap.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 15, 2003