London Journals

New Year's in London

A December 2002 trip to London by dpwoodfin

Quote: I took the family to London to ring in the new year.

London Marriott Hotel County Hall

Hotel | "County Hall Marriot"

This hotel was wonderful. The rooms were actually spacious and the pool was nice. We have had issues with some of the other hotels in London, but this hotel is a must. When we go back, it will be to here.

I can't say enough about the concierge service. They were extremely helpful and gave great suggestions for sightseeing and food. The staff in general were fabulous. I just can't say enough good things about this hotel.

London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Westminster Bridge Road
London, England SE1 7PB
44 207 928 5200

Yo! Sushi

Restaurant | "Yo Sushi"

This was a very neat restaurant where the sushi comes around to your table on conveyor belt and you just pick the ones that you want. You get two or three pieces of sushi per plate and the different styles of sushi are on different color plates, and the price of each plate depends on its color, so you get only what you want and what you want to pay for. We went on a Sunday where kids eat free (only certain color plates are part of this special, but my kids were able to eat 16 plates of sushi between them). All in all, a great place.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 4, 2003

Yo! Sushi
52 Poland Street
London, England W1V 3DF
+44 (20 7) 287-0443

Wagamama

This is a great noodle bar. The individual portions are HUGE. We could have split two bowls of noodles between the four of us. We each got a bowl and left a lot of food after we were full. The food was really great and the service was nice.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 4, 2003

Wagamama
4A Sreatham St
London, England W1H 9AB
+44 20 7323 9223

British Museum

This is a must-see for anyone coming to London. There is not another museum like it in the world. It is kind of like the English version of the Smithsonian. If you are into ancient history at all, you could spend weeks here. Even if you are not, it is worth a look just to see all of the stuff that the British have "borrowed" from all of their former colonies.

British Museum
Great Russell Street
London, England WC1B 3DG
+44 (207) 7323 8299

Imperial War Museum London

Attraction | "Imperial War Museum"

If you are into World War I and II, this is the place for you. My boys love "war stuff", and they were in heaven. There were lots of actual machines of war here as well as some great exhibits on the wars themselves. They had a wonderful exhibit on life in London during the Blitz. We really enjoyed this museum.

Imperial War Museum London