Tokyo Journals

One day in Tokyo

A February 1998 trip to Tokyo by mannyb

Quote: I spend a day in Tokyo on my way to Guam. This city is exiting and you have to go to really understand this culture.

One day in Tokyo

How do I start??? Well, after the initial shock of NOT understanding anyone around me, I took a bus to my hotel, walked around the central district called Shinjyuku and had an excellent dinner at the Hyatt Hotel. I will follow with a detailed explanation on what I did and what I recommend.

After going through customs, there are counters that offer rides to the center of Tokyo at a cheap price. Also, try to stay at the ring or around Shinjyuku-ku district, very centrally located.

Well, I did use the subway once, but it is very confusing. I will try to walk or use taxis that are not extremely expensive.

Century Hyatt Tokyo

Hotel | "Hyatt regency Tokyo"

Great rooms, American style with all amenities you can expect being stateside. Cable TV, the works. The hotel has everything you will need while the restaurants are excellent and cater to all your tastes.

Century Hyatt Tokyo
2-7-2 NISHI SHINJUKU
Tokyo, Japan 160-0023
81-3-3349-0111

Pearl Market

This is a store that only sells pearls. They have a tour that shows you all the manufacturing process up to the final product ready to sell. It is interactive and fun.

Pearl Market
Shiyuku-ku
Tokyo, Japan

Tokyo Tours

Attraction | "Tokyo afternoon"

The tour gives you a complete view of mayor attractions and landmarks in Tokyo. You visit the Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower, a Buddhist temple, and a walking tour of the shopping distict. A safe bet if you have little time in Tokyo.

Tokyo Tours