Oahu Journals

Hawaii

An August 2003 trip to Oahu by john1538

Quote: Stayed on Oahu at the Ohana Islander Waikiki through Fairfield Resorts, and was definitely not pleased with the facility or the location of the unit I was assigned. It's hard to give a thumbs up. Overall, the trip was out of this world, and I loved Oahu and its people.
Hmmm . . . well, if you like lousy mattresses and pillows and lots of street noise, this would fit you perfectly. It was chosen for me by Fairfield Resorts and a poor choice at that. How unfortunate that Fairfield decided to team up with such a place with no amenities other than a pool and a couple of fast food joints. Makes me rethink my whole Fairfield investment. I would rather have laid out the cash to stay at another hotel had I known what I was getting at the time. I'm sorry I can't recommend this to anyone.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on September 23, 2003

Ohana Islander Waikiki
270 Lewers Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815

PAHIO Bali Hai Villas

Hotel | "Bali Hai Villas"

What a great resort! Beautiful grounds, buildings well maintained, units are just fabulous. Everything here is Hawaii. Mountains, landscape, tradewinds. You feel like you are in heaven here for the whole week. I recommend it to anyone looking for a first-class place to stay in the Princeville area of Kauai. They have future plans to expand the resort all the way down to the ocean and I would certainly go back.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 23, 2003

PAHIO Bali Hai Villas
4970 Pepelani Loop
Princeville, Hawaii 96722

I did the helicopter ride by Heli-USA in Kauai and it was the most awesome experience I can recall. To fly in and over canyons and valleys with beautiful waterfalls and lush vegetation can't be put into mere words. If you're seeking excitement, you have to do it. Safety is not even an issue. These things are as safe as driving in traffic everyday.

The north shore of Kauai is stunning. We stayed in the Princeville area and drove around the drove around the whole island, but you will fall in love with the Hanalei area and the beauty of all the private beaches in and around the north shore.