Branson Journals

The Other Branson, MO

A July 2003 trip to Branson by cbnelson1

Quote: There are so many shows to see, special places to shop, and places to eat. Most visitors only drive by Table Rock Lake. The best time I've ever had in Branson, MO, this year, was fishing and touring various areas on this lake.

The Other Branson, MO

Ever want to get away from the traffic and busy places? Well then, did you ever want to catch a Lunker? Did you ever want to go places all the other tourist didn't know much about? You really need to go to Table Rock Lake and get in a boat and tour around and fish, if you feel like it.Quick Tips: There are several marinas all around Table Rock Lake. Most of them have rental fishing boats, pontoon boats, paddle boats and, yep, even fast boats. Best Way To Get Around: It may look like a long drive from your resort or RV spot, but it is really closer that it appears. Get a good area map and find a large marina to check out for rentals. You can also get a map of the lake. If you want a...Read More

Table Rock State Park

Attraction | "Table Rock Lake Fishing"

I had fished for bass at Watts Lake, Fort Loudon, and Boone Dam areas in East Tennessee long ago. My favorite way to relax and have a great escape from work is to fish.

When Loy's father, Loy Sr., invited me to go fishing at Table Rock, I was ready to go. Loy showed up with the Bass Pro boat with a 275 outboard motor, so I thought it would be a bouncy day on the lake. The wind was calm most of the morning, so we had real easy rides to the hot spots. Loy really knows the lake and bass.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 23, 2003

5272 State Highway 165
Branson, Missouri 65616
+1 417 334 4704

Table Rock State Park

Attraction | "Table Rock Lake Boating/Sailing"

I was with my family and they own a pontoon boat. We spent the entire day touring Table Rock Lake. We went swimming a couple of times during the day in shallow coves that the boat could glide up to and avoid the other boaters. We had a great time touring the lake and even went to a drive-up pizza dock. We had to walk up the hill to the pizza place, but it was unique to have the drive-up pizza dock. Later in the week, we went by boat to the Bass Pro Restaurant near the lake and had some of the best food to be found around Branson, MO. You really need to visit Table Rock Lake for more fun in Branson, MO.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 23, 2003