Maui Journals

Hawaii 2001: Maui

A November 2001 trip to Maui by jo_j_k

Aston Paki Maui Photo, Maui, Hawaii More Photos
Quote: The second leg of our 2001 Hawaii trip was to Maui.
Aston Paki Maui Photo, Maui, Hawaii
Fantastic -- wow -- can't wait to stay there again!!! RCI got us into the Aston Paki Maui. I reserved a one-bedroom. When we got there, they offered us a two-bedroom so I took a look at the difference - wow. The two-bedroom was so much better. The kitchen in the one-bedroom was hidden behind a wall and rather outdated. The kitchen in the two-bedroom was open, modern and much better. The main bedroom faces the ocean and if you lie in bed that's all you can see. It was an amazing stay and when we go to Maui again in 2005 we will be staying there if I have anything to say about it. Falling asleep to the sound and smells of the ocean has to be the absolute best way to go. ...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 5, 2003

Aston Paki Maui
3615 Lower Honoapiilani Hwy
1-800-950-1363

Maui Tacos

Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm! We love Maui Tacos. They are all over Maui, but we always ended up at the one in Lahaina Square. It's a hole in the wall, but the food is over the top fantastic. It's fast and good. Give it a shot. Oh and go to their webpage because you might find a location near you: .

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 6, 2003

Maui Tacos
2411 S. Kihei Road
Maui, Hawaii 96753

MauiATV

MauiATV Photo, Maui, Hawaii
Woohoo, lots of fun. We had a good day. A good buddy and I did the ATVs.

The ranch was just stunning. I took so many photos. I can't wait to do this again. I strongly suggest you rent the clothing -- it's a cattle ranch and cow paddy gets splattered everywhere -- good fun though. The website is www.mauiatvtours.com/index.html.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 5, 2003

MauiATV
HC 1 BOX 85

Warren & Annabelle's Magic

Attraction | "Warren and Annabelle Magic Show"

Ooh, what a fun evening. We chose to do just the drink and show but you can get a full dinner there (don't remember where we ate instead).

You sit in a restaurant type atmosphere and the ghost of Annabelle puts on a dinner show. She does a fantastic job for a ghost. After dinner and the pre-show, you go on in to the magic show. Now this is a very up-close show. There aren't too many people in the audience and you are right in close and almost on top of the magician. Wow, he was good. We couldn't figure most of his tricks and *I* won't give anything away ;-)

Definitely a must do. Website: .

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 5, 2003

Warren & Annabelle's Magic
900 Front Street
Maui, Hawaii 96761

Ulalena

This is a kind of performance art show. It's put on by the same people who do Cirque and, in some ways, it's similar. Basically, it's the story of Maui using a combination of myths and history. The music was fabulous and the performance wonderful.

I really enjoyed this, but my friends were a bit bored. Give it a shot if you get the chance.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 5, 2003

Ulalena
878 Front Street
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
+1 808 661 9913; +1

Sugar Cane Train

All I can say is don't waste your money. It's so not worth it. You get on a train, listen to bad music, see the backside (and all that implies) of Lahaina, and it's booorrring. I'd say it's a tourist trap.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on September 6, 2003

Sugar Cane Train
975 Limahana Place
Maui, Hawaii 96761

Lahaina

Attraction | "Front Street"

Front Street is in Lahaina and is a great day/afternoon activity. The street is all along the ocean on one side and shops, galleries and restaurants along the other. Don't worry -- there are plenty of parking lots.

The shops range from high class jewelry to typical touristy. You can get some great ice cream and eat a Cheeseburger in Paradise. Watch out for the guys selling activities -- you can get better deals at the condos/hotels.

We've been to Maui on two separate trips now and each time spent more than one afternoon ambling along Front Street.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on September 6, 2003