Maui Journals

Maui Paradise

An August 2003 trip to Maui by POOH1972

Embassy Resort Maui Kaanapa Photo, Lahaina, Hawaii More Photos
Quote: Spent eight days in Maui at the Embassy vacation resort in Maui, HI. Had a blast!!!

Embassy Resort Maui Kaanapa

Hotel | "Maui Embassy Vacation Resort"

Embassy Resort Maui Kaanapa Photo, Lahaina, Hawaii
The accommodations were so nice. We had a one-bedroom ocean view unit with a king bed. Bathroom was nice had a shower, tub, and a his-and-her vanity area and a hairdryer. The closet to the bedroom you could use from the bathroom. The doors had a double mirror on them, which was so nice. We had a partial kitchen which had a microwave, small fridge, and sink and coffee maker, ice bucket with glasses. Did no cooking while in Maui, went to different restaurants every night. So if we had any leftovers, they came back to the hotel. The room also had an iron and ironing board. Living room had entertainment center with stereo system and a very large TV. A pull out sofa along with two chairs. The room was so ...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 1, 2003

104 Kaanapali Shores Place
1-808-661-2000

Embassy Resort Maui Kaanapa

Hotel | "EMBASSY VACATION RESORT"

Embassy Resort Maui Kaanapa Photo, Lahaina, Hawaii
Best Things Nearby:Nearby there is Whalers Village, about 5 minutes away, or you can go down to Lahaina, which is about 10 minutes from the resort. Down in Whalers Village, there are some nice restaurants to eat at. If you are planning on eating there, make sure you get there early or you will be waiting for 45 minutes to an hour and half to eat at any of the restaurants.Best Things About the Resort:I got upgraded to a ocean view unit at no charge. Told them it was our anniversary so we got upgraded. We were on the 10th Floor with an ocean view unit. Resort Experience:This resort is so nice. The swimming pool was so huge, and it even had an area where you coul...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on September 1, 2003

104 Kaanapali Shores Place
1-808-661-2000

Feast At Lele

Feast At Lele Photo, Maui, Hawaii
I've been to Maui two times prior to coming to Maui. This was my third trip and this is the best laua I've ever been to. When arriving at the Feast at LeLe your are greeted with a drink and a fresh lei, and then taken to your table. You get a panaramic view of the ocean and island of Lani. You get to see the sun going down, and what a view that is. You get a five-course meal and all drinks are included. There are two photographers there taking photos, and at the end of the evening you can purchase the photos that they take. It's worth it to get the photos taken because the photos come out so good, especially with the sun in the background. I got front row seating and they were great seats. ...Read More

Feast At Lele
505 Front St
+1 808 667 5353

Lahaina Fish Company Photo, Maui, Hawaii
This restaurant is right on Front Street in Lahaina. I got there early to get a good seat and have a great view of the sun going down. I had the Fish and Chips, which were very good, and had the drink Lava Flow.

This is a very nice and romantic restaurant and the prices are reasonable also. I got there about 6pm and they took us right away and we got a great seat. We sat upstairs and had a waterview seat.

Lahaina Fish Company
831 Front St
+1 808 661 3472

Hard Rock Cafe

I went to Hard Rock many times while in Maui. I would go there after doing a side tour or just out walking in Lahaina and stop and have a drink and an appetizer. I would always have the Lave Flow there, which is strawberry daquiri and pina colada, and is a very good drink. They have the doors and windows open so you get a very nice breeze coming through there. You can see the sun going down at night right from the bar.

Hard Rock Cafe
900 Front Street
Maui, Hawaii 96761

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Restaurant | "Bubba Gumps"

We went to Bubba Gumps on a day when a cruise ship was in and had a water view seat. From where we were sitting we could see the ship from our seat. We could also see all the boats and people parasailing.

We stopped there to have a drink and light snack. I had an appetizer and three people could have eaten it with me because there was so much food. The waiters will ask you some trivia about the movie and also if you have been to any other Bubba Gumps. They also have some real good drinks there.

In front of Bubba Gumps, don't forget to sit on the bench and have your photo taken.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
889 Front Street
+1 808 661 3111

Mountain Riders

Attraction | "Mountain Riders Bike Tours"

Mountain Riders Photo, Maui, Hawaii
This was my third time doing this tour and what a blast it was. Our driver Joe picked us up at 2am at the resort. Then we had to go to three other hotels and resorts to pick up some other people. Then a 30 minute drive to the other side of the island to stop and pick up our tour guide Erron and our trailer with the bikes and equipment. Then had an hour and 10 minute ride to the top of the volcano. The sun started coming up about 5:30am. What a view this was. It's worth it to do the sunrise tour even though it's early--it is worth it. With all the stops and even stopping for breakfast, which is included in the tour, we were back at the resort by 11:30am and spent the rest of the day by the pool ...Read More

Mountain Riders
220 Lalo, Bay #5
Kahului, Hawaii 96732
+1 808 242 9739; +1

We had to leave the resort at 5am because we had to be at the airport on the other side of the island at 5:30am. We caught our plane over to Honolulu at 6:15am. We flew Pacific Wings, which is a very small plane that holds 9 passengers. It's so small they need your weight and carry on bags of the weight. We got to sit right behind the pilot. It was really neat and we flew right over some waterfalls and got some great photos. It's worth it to do this tour because you learn a lot of history and there is so much that you see. Here are the places that they take you to: Arizona Memorial Visitor Center Aloha Tower Marketplace Nuuanu Rainforest & Pali Lookout B...Read More

Polynesian Adventure Tours
273 Dairy Road
Kahului, Hawaii 96732
+1 808 877 4242

Maui Tropical Plantation & Country Store

Attraction | "Maui Tropical Plantation Tour"

Maui Tropical Plantation & Country Store Photo, Maui, Hawaii
This was a really nice tour. We did the tram ride and learned a lot of history, and they even did a demonstration too. We saw some really nice trees, plants, and flowers. It's worth it to do this tour while in Maui. It's about a 25 minute drive to the plantation from the resort. You can either take a cab or rent a car for the week.

Maui Tropical Plantation & Country Store
1670 Honoapi'ilani Highway
Maui, Hawaii 96793
808/244-7643

Maui Ocean Center

Maui Ocean Center Photo, Maui, Hawaii
Click here for the website. Phone 808/270-7000.

At this Maui Ocean Center you can see a lot of marine life. I saw up close some sea turtles, stingrays, one thing they did not have and hope that they did was dolphins.

It's worth it to go and visit this place. It's really neat and in the distance you can see all the boats that are docked nearby.

Maui Ocean Center
Highway 30 at Ma'alaea Harbor Village
Maui, Hawaii 96793

Timeshare Tour

Story/Tip

We did the tour only to get the discounts on our tours. We were done with our tour in about 45 minutes to an hour. Even though they know you have a timeshare they will still try and sell another to you. I must have told the sales lady 10 times we are not buying one. I already have one and do not need another. It's worth it to do the tour though. We saved about $300 on all of the side tours that we booked for that week.