Cabo San Lucas Journals

CABO "RESORT PARADISE"

An August 2000 trip to Cabo San Lucas by DT

Quote: THESE ARE THE BEST THINGS I REMEMBER ABOUT CABO.

CABO "RESORT PARADISE"

IF YOU ARE A SUSHI FAN, I WOULD RECOMMEND THE ONLY SUSHI BAR IN TOWN. IT IS IN THE MAIN MALL ACROSS FROM CABO WABO. THE FISH WAS EXTREMELY FRESH, PORTIONS HUGE, AND PRICES REASONABLE. ALSO, THERE IS A PLACE NEXT TO THE PALMILLA RESORT CALLED ALEX'S (I THINK). YOU CAN'T MISS IT, IT IS THE ONLY RESTAURANT THERE. IT HAD EXCELLENT, CHEAP MEXICAN SEAFOOD.Quick Tips: GET A CAR. THE TAXIS ARE EXPENSIVE. IF YOU ARE STAYING AT A RESORT IN THE CORRIDER, A TAXI RIDE ONE WAY IS AROUND 20 BUCKS. IT ADDS UP FAST IF YOU NEED TO GET AROUND. ALSO, IF YOU WANT CUBAN CIGARS AND RUM, GET THEM AT THE DUTY FREE AT THE AIRPORT. IT IS CHEAPER AND EASIER TO FIND. THERE IS NICER CIGAR SHOP IN SAN JOSE CALLED 3 ...Read More
THIS WAS ONE OF THE NICEST PLACES I HAVE EVER SEEN. SERVICE WAS PERFECT, FOOD AWESOME, THE POOL WAS INCREDIBLE. PRIVATE BEACH. ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE. DON'T BE SURPRISED TO PAY TOP DOLLAR. Please rate my entry, I need the points. Thanks!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 17, 2000

The Palmilla Resort

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
1-800-637-2226

Zan

Restaurant | "ZAN (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)"

VERY GOOD FRESH FISH, PLUS MANY LOCAL FISH I DON'T USUALLY SEE ON THE SUSHI MENU. IT IS IN A STRIP MALL, YOU CAN'T MISS IT. IT'S ACROSS FROM CABO WABO BY THE BIG PINK HOTEL. Please rate my entry, I need the points. Thanks!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on October 17, 2000

Zan
Across form Cabo Wabo
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Cabo Wabo Cantina

Attraction | "CABO WABO"

SAVE YOUR TIME UNLESS YOU LIKE REALLY LAME COVER MUSIC. THERE WERE PEOPLE DANCING BUT THEY WERE TOTALLY DRUNK. CABO WABO TEQUILLA ADS. ARE EVERYWHERE Please rate my entry, I need the points. Thanks!

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on October 17, 2000

Cabo Wabo Cantina
Calle Guerrero
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 23410
+52 624 143 1188

SUN

Story/Tip

CABO IS A GREAT PLACE IF YOU JUST WANT TO RELAX AND GET SOME SUNSHINE. THE CITY ITSELF IS A DUMP, STAY AT THE RESORT. THE LOCAL FOOD IS GREAT. EVERYTHING IS CHEAP EXCEPT GOLF,HOTELS, AND TAXIS.