St. Andrews Journals

Beautiful St. Andrews

A travel journal to St. Andrews by Melodydunn

Quote: St. Andrews is a picturesque little town that is a lovely tourist spot and a great place to see the whales.

Beautiful St. Andrews

The best things to do are definitely going on a whale-watching tour and to walk up and down Water Street to look at the beautiful little shops.

It can get hot so close to the water, so I would bring lots of sunscreen and drink lots of water. They have just about everything, but there is a wonderful little shop that sells soap and candles and they also have loose tea. If you are a tea drinker, look for this shop on Water Street.

If you are staying right in St. Andrews, I would just walk or take a cab. As far as I know, there is not a public transportation system. Not that I could see anyway.
We stayed in a one-bedroom cottage that was practically on the beach. It had double beds in the unit. It came equipped with all utensils and dinnerware in a small but efficient kitchenette. It certainly wasn't fancy, but it did the job. There is also a coin laundry on site. There are picnic tables and BBQs to use as well.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on August 21, 2003

Seaside Beach Resort
339 Water Street
1(800) 506-8677

The Algonquin Resort

Hotel | "Fairmont Algonquin"

We were lucky enough to stay in one of their deluxe guest rooms, which was beautiful, but I hear that their larger suites are beyond imagination (and my price range)! The room we stayed in had a lovely little sitting area and two queen-size beds. The room was around 500 square feet, so it was nice and roomy for us and the two children. On site, there is a wonderful spa that encompasses a whirlpool hot tub, sauna, and fitness centre. There is an outdoor tennis court and outdoor heated pool. The golf course on site has apparently won awards (or so I am told). We liked the fact that during the summer there are scheduled children's activities, like arts and crafts, swimming, and campouts. There is ...Read More

The Algonquin Resort
184 Adolphus Street
St. Andrews by-the-sea, New Brunswick E5B1T7

Tara Manor Inn

Restaurant | "The Evening Star at Tara Manor Inn"

An elegant setting with beautiful linen tablecloths, live piano music, and crystal chandeliers with burgandy accents. We were surprised that this was a country inn. The extensive and steadfast continental dinner menu includes a wonderful New Brunswick fiddlehead soup and entrées like turkey stir-fry, chicken à l’orange, coquilles St. Jacques, poached salmon, roast leg of lamb, and delmonico steak. Curries are a house specialty. The cheesecake is heaven.

Tara Manor Inn
559 Mowat Drive

Fundy Tide Runners

This place is fantastic. You get to wear something called a Mustang survival suit and go out in a 25 ft. Zodiac Hurricane boat, so you feel close to nature as it is a small craft. We got to see humpback whales, dolphins, and seals, not to mention all the birds, like eagles, etc. If you are adventurous and don't get seasick, you have to give this a try!

Fundy Tide Runners