Tierra Verde Journals

Tierra Verde Resort - 1489

A July 2003 trip to Tierra Verde by Netgoddess

Quote: Tierra Verde Resort was the worst exchange of RCI Points ever!

Tierra Verde Resort - 1489

Best place to go is Fort Desoto Beaches. Absolutely beautiful!

Also, Clearwater Beach at Pier 60 before sunset they have a great celebration with street entertainers and crafts. Lots of fun for all ages!

Most museums close before 5pm and it seems that downtown rolls up then. Be very conscious of your speed in the beach areas, the police are!

Sorrento's on Tierra Verde has EXCELLENT pizza, calzones, and Italian food in general!

Driving is fine, but there is a convenient shuttle up and down the beach and from downtown St. Pete.

Tierra Verde Tennis & Yacht Resort

Hotel | "Tierra Verde Tennis & Yacht Resort"

Best Things Nearby:Fort Desoto Beach, Clearwater Beach Pier 60, The Pier in downtown St. Pete.Best Things About the Resort:The pool. John (I think he is the manager of the hotel part of the resort) was absolutely fabulous. He got me extra velour blankets, pillows and towels for my teens (so they wouldn’t fight over them), as well as an unexpected rollaway because my oldest daughter kept complaining about my youngest daughter crowding the cramped bed and how my son got his own bed. He overheard them complaining to me and offered the rollaway. I think he saved me quite a few headaches. Every time he saw us, he met us by name and with a smile. I cannot sing his praises enough...Read More

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on August 10, 2003

Tierra Verde Tennis & Yacht Resort
200 Madonna blvd
Tierra Verde, Florida

Casual Mom and Pop Italian restaurant with outstanding pizza, strombolis, and calzones. Delicious garlic rolls. I didn't try anything else because I was hooked on what I had tried.

They have about 12 tables in the "Tierra Verde Downtown Center", which really is the strip mall on the main drag of Tierra Verde on the way to Fort Desoto. In the week we stayed in Tierra Verde, we ate there four times!

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on August 10, 2003