Las Vegas Journals

HOLY PLASTIC PEOPLE! Land of SILICONE and BOTOX!

A July 2003 trip to Las Vegas by wegetaround01

Quote: My mission: to follow STRICT company orders to WINE and DINE over 30 customers while attending our Las Vegas convention. No rules, other than don't do anything that you'd be embarrassed by later, and try to keep the tab to under $3000 . . . read on for my other experiences.

HOLY PLASTIC PEOPLE! Land of SILICONE and BOTOX!

The CRAZY bar scene at the RA Nightclub (Luxor) -- you know, two girls and a guy. Lots of silicone and half-clothed people. People trying very hard to look sexy. CLOSING the RA Nightclub. Having a great time -- and not gambling one single minute. Quick Tips: If you want to know what 111 degree weather feels like, imagine a large hairdryer blowing in your face constantly. Oh -- sure, it's a dry heat! BUT you still sweat your fanny off!!! Everyone wants a TIP! Tell me . . . what do you really need a bathroom attendant for? Just be prepared, you'll find it at every turn. Best Way To Get Around: Walking to save money. Taxi to get home fast. Tram only if it's right there and publi...Read More

Rumjungle

I took over 20 people there on my company tab. The waitress was EXCELLENT and helped me (and I quote) "LIMIT" the menu. Ummm . . .we chose the Mongolian barbecue, which offered an UNLIMITED supply of a meat buffet. I'm talking NO LIMITS! Total tab: $1700.

Very cool scene. Go to people-watch, possibly for famous people too. Walls of water and bottles of rum are part of the theme. After dinner, cages are lowered from the ceiling later with dancing girls inside.

Rumjungle
3450 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89118
+1 877 632 5300

Nefertitti's Lounge

This is a great place for a nightcap or coffee . . . an open-air lounge overlooking the Luxor Casino. I was able to get dessert there, even as late as 2am. Just a good all-around quick stop if you need a drink and want to people-watch.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on December 2, 2003

Nefertitti's Lounge
3900 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, Nevada

Hamada in the RA

This was my one treat to myself without the chaos of a group outing. I sat at the bar alone and ended up making many new acquaintances over sake and sushi. TV’s are everywhere, so you can take in a game while you enjoy. The sushi was excellent, as was the service. The restaurant was nearby the RA Nightclub -- hence the name.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on December 2, 2003

Hamada in the RA
3900 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119

RA Nightclub

Open until 4am. Definitely NO 80's rock . . . in fact, you will hear the thumping noises for 4 days afterwards from the base drum of the dance music.

Again, Go-Go girls, boots, chaps, and g-strings all over the place. Acrobats (all scantily clad), with routines on bars that descend from the ceiling. Anything goes at this place . . . you don't need to dress like a freak to get in, but you will not be allowed in with just shorts and a T-shirt. Dress for a club when you do go.

Needless to say, I stayed until 4am and loved every minute of it. My hearing recovered just a few short days later.

RA Nightclub
3900 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
+1 702 262 4400;

House of Blues

Kind of like a Hard Rock Cafe experience. If you've been to one House of Blues, then you've probably seen them all. Good location. Not a bad stop, depending on what band is in town.

House of Blues