Las Vegas Journals

Grand Las Vegas

A June 2003 trip to Las Vegas by Kimberly&James

Quote: We went to Las Vegas for a wedding. We have heard about people getting married there, but up until this trip, hadn't been to one. It was great!

Grand Las Vegas

Of course going to the wedding chapel was a very memorable moment. Little Chapel of the Flowers was beautiful. I thought that it would be really rushed and wham-bam you're out of here. I was presently surprised. The "preacher" talked about love and commitment. The package that the couple bought was . It included the ceremony (which could be seen live over the internet for the folks at home), pictures (both indoor and out), and a limo to and from. I highly recommend taking a limo ride down the Las Vegas strip at least once. It allows you a chance to look around without having to worry about traffic. A few of the must sees are: Hoover Dam, the water show at the Bellagio, and the s...Read More
We needed a place to stay for one night. It's really hard to find a place to stay in Las Vegas for one Saturday night. Everyone wants you for three nights. Our room was not in the tower. I think they called it the Courtyard. I didn't feel very safe. The room was OK, but nothing to rave about.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on July 26, 2003

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
2411 W SAHARA
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
702-367-2411

Palms Casino Resort

Hotel | "Palms Hotel"

Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot bodies, hot restaurants, hot bars, and very hot tables. My husband and brother keep calling it the silicone hotel! Many people come to this casino just for the look. It's very cool and trendy. Great for the younger set. Me at 41 felt a little old (but that didn't last for long)!

Palms Casino Resort
4321 W Flamingo Rd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89103

N9NE Steakhouse

Restaurant | "N9ne"

It was the best steak we have ever eaten! It melted in your mouth. Service was excellent. The only downside was that everything was a la carte.

N9NE Steakhouse
The Palms
Las Vegas, Nevada
702.933.9900

Hoover Dam

This is a must see! It is a marvel to see what was created so many years ago. It's unbelieveable. Pictures don't do it justice! You can do this for free! Even parking is free if you don't mind walking a little. There are parts you can pay for if you want, but we were able to make do with what was free!

Hoover Dam