Hafslo Journals

Girls trip to Bestebakken

A July 2003 trip to Hafslo by GretaLynn

Bestebakken Photo, Hafslo, Norway More Photos
Quote: Eleven young women take a fantastic weekend trip to the Sognefjord area in Norway to experience beautiful scenery (fjords, mountains, glaciers), learn watercoloring and cooking, and relax and have fun together!

Girls trip to Bestebakken

Bestebakken, the B&B/gueshouse that we stayed at was absolutely amazing. Lindis, the owner, was fantastic and open. The rooms were charming, the food was delicious, and the hot tub was relaxing. We all agreed that we would definitely take the hike to the glacier, Blåisen, again. One word -- breathtaking! Lindis, the owner of Bestebakken, also arranged for us to meet with a local farmer and his wife for coffee and cake after the long hike. It was a unique experience that not many tourists get. They told us all about the area and we had a tour of their small cabin, which was over 100 years old.Quick Tips: We were only able to stay the weekend. I felt this was too short. The area is so...Read More

Bestebakken

Hotel

Bestebakken Photo, Hafslo, Norway
I can't say enough about Bestebakken. This is definitely the most charming place I've ever stayed in. When we arrived, Lindis, the owner, greeted us with peach iced tea and cake. She told us all about the house, gave us a tour, and told us what we could do in the area. I liked her immediately due to her friendly smile and giving nature. Being 11 women, we had the entire house to ourselves. Every room was different but equally beautiful-some had queen size beds and others had 2-3 twin beds. However my favorite room was the "sun room" -- a small room off the dining room with a great view overlooking the fjord. It was soooo relaxing to sit in the chaise lounge and look through Lindis' ma...Read More

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 24, 2003

Bestebakken
Sentrumsveien 8
Hafslo, Norway

We did not stay here but went in to take a look and found it absolutely charming. It is the oldest family run hotel in Norway. The Nitter Walaker family has run it since 1690. The hotel is situated in Solvorn, which is a small, south coast village right in the middle of Indre Sogn. Idyllic views of the fjord.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on July 29, 2003

Walaker Hotel
Solvorn, Sogn

Hiking to the Blåisen glacier Photo, Hafslo, Norway
You can only do this hike in the summer. Otherwise the roads are closed. The hike itself was not too difficult and the scenery was just plain amazing. The glacier itself was awesome. I would definitely take the hike again.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 24, 2003