Moline Journals

moline

A June 2003 trip to Moline by kfs1980

Quote: Quad cities.
Very user friendly. Smaller hotel, very friendly staff, fairly quiet. The rooms were clean and spacious. Check in and check out were quick and painless and I can't emphasize enough how great the staff was - friendly, courteous. We had never stayed there before, and I may not have been entirely sure where I was (ok, ok, I was lost), so I asked for directions, no problem. We went back upstairs to get ready, and when we came back down, the girl from the front desk was waiting out in her car - her shift had ended, but she had hung around so we could follow her until we figured out where we were going....

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 19, 2003

Baymont Inn Davenport
400 Jason Way Court
Davenport, Iowa 52807
563-386-1600

Whitey's Ice Cream Stores

Restaurant | "Whiteys Ice Cream"

Whitey's is one of the main reasons I keep going back to Moline. I used to have one side of the family there, but as everyone got older, the numbers shrank. Somehow, I still manage to justify a 3000 mile trip for ice cream. Whitey's has some of the best ice cream I have ever tasted, and an even better atmosphere. Definetly not something to skip!!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 19, 2003

Whitey's Ice Cream Stores
1601 Avenue of the Cities
Moline, Illinois 61265

Thunder Bay Grille

It was great. Someplace where you can go in, get excellent service, pay a decent price, and leave full and happy within an hour or so. It has a great environment--kids are welcome, and 99% are extremely well behaved (if not, the family is simply moved to a more private area). This is one place (besides Whitey's) I always manage to get to, no exceptions.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 19, 2003

Thunder Bay Grille
6511 N Brady Street
Moline, Illinois 52806

John Deere Pavillion

Attraction | "John Deere Museum"

Not bad, but not the best way to spend an afternoon. It caters to a fairly small interest group - So, if you've got someone in your group who's into machinery etc, it's probably a pretty good stop. If not, you might want to look a little further.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on July 20, 2003

John Deere Pavillion
1400 River Drive
Moline, Illinois 61265

Jumer's Casino and Hotel

Attraction | "Casino Rock Island"

This place was great. I'm not a big gambler, but this was a lot of fun anyway. Slots, blackjack, whatever - it was there. I guess entertainment schedules vary but there wasn't much there the same night we were. Might want to check ahead if you've got a few different nights you can go. No admission, and the restaurant is reason enough to go.

The atmosphere is great - the casino is spread out over four boats (a tugboat, a steamer and two others). One of the best evenings I've had in a long time.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 20, 2003