Cleveland Journals

Country Hideway Vacation

A June 2003 trip to Cleveland by John H Phillips

Quote: Country Hideways was excellent. Overlooking a lake. Helen was wonderful. Atlanta is close and has a lot to do. Highly recommended.

Country Hideaway At Mountain Lakes

Hotel | "Country Hideway Resort"

Best Things Nearby:Town of Helen. Atlanta. Stone Mountain. Cabbage Patch Babyland.Best Things About the Resort:Clean. Staff is helpful and friendly.Resort Experience:This timeshare is excellent. Best resort that we have been at since we joined RCI. There is a hot tub in the master bath. Bedrooms are very large. Country decor. All new furniture. Porch swing on a deck overlooking the lake. We watched the fireworks from the deck. Ammenities on site are great. Unit Type: 2 Bedroom Activities: Excellent Amenities: Excellent Uni...Read More

Country Hideaway At Mountain Lakes
75 Enchanted Way
Cleveland, Georgia 30528

Food was excellent. Service was great. Waitress was very helpful in explaining the German dishes. Decor was cute. There was a gift shop and deli on site. Highly recommended.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 11, 2003

Edelweiss Restaurant at Edelweiss German Country Inn Resort
351 Duncan Bridge Rd
Cleveland, Georgia 30571

MA Gooch's Restaurant

Restaurant | "Ma Gooch Restaurant"

Excellent food. We had breakfast there. Excellent fried potatoes with onions. Restaurant was clean. Everyone was friendly. Staff talked with us about where we were from and we told them we are from Carlisle PA and they talked with us about the car shows in our town.

MA Gooch's Restaurant
318 N Main St
Cleveland, Georgia 30528
(706) 865-2023

Flea Market River Tubing

Attraction | "Flea Market Tubing"

Terrible experience. River was rough. My daughter broke her toe after she fell out of the raft. I got knocked out of my tube and the river whisked me away from my family. I could not get back to my tube right away. My daughter jumped off her tube to grab me and that is when she broke her toe. My other daughter got her tube stuck on a rock and was screaming and no one could help her. We finally got to a spot way down the river after we were all terrified and got off and walked the rest of the way. The river swept two of our shoes away so we had to walk back to the flea market office with a broken toe and no shoes. Lots of rocks and trees that you have to dodge. You have no control. No guides to ...Read More

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on July 11, 2003

Flea Market River Tubing
9917 Highway 75 N
Helen, Georgia 30545

Stone Mountain Park

Great place. The laser show was awesome. The sky lift ride to the top of the mountain was great. We were able to get out and walk around on top of the mountain. You could see the Atlanta skyline 16 miles away.

The restaurant there, Miss Katie's Sideboard, is excellent. Food was great. Try the fried chicken.

Stone Mountain Park