Key West Journals

Fun days in Key West

A July 2003 trip to Key West by lisa marie

Quote: We spent a few days on the gulf in Key West and enjoyed lots of activities, including just relaxing.
We had a nice room overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Since we are Holiday Inn Priority Club members, I am not sure what the actual cost of the room was, but I would check their website. The accommodations were clean and were like your basic motel room--no frills, but a great location.

What the kids and my husband liked most was the beach on the Gulf, and you could rent boats and jet skis right on site, and snorkel right on site. The breakfast buffet was good, but get there early--it was busy and the restaurant is small. The pool was also very nice, and there were enough chairs to go around. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on July 10, 2003

Holiday Inn Beachside
3841 N ROOSEVELT BLVD
Key West, Florida 33040
305-294-2571

Crabby Dick's

Restaurant | "Crabby Dicks"

The fun and casual atmosphere of Key West is alive an well at Crabby Dicks. We had quite an array of dishes on our table that night. I had wings--not like the buffalo wings from home, they were deep fried and crispy, but good none the less. The kids had Florida lobster tails and my husband had a seafood sampler. All were excellent, but the best part, get the COUPON, and get a free drink or dessert for every entree. You can get the coupon from the website, or the Key West tour book when you get into town. You can eat on the porch above Duval Street if you can stand the temperature. The night we went was very hot. They also sell great t-shirts.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 10, 2003