Kona Journals

Easter in Kona

An April 1996 trip to Kona by Lumahailuv

Quote: This was a trip home with my mom, an aunt, and my husband. The people at Kona Coast treated us like ohana (family) and it was so soothing to look at the Pacific as we drank our coffee. I am thankful for this trip and the wonderful memories.

Easter in Kona

Captain Bean's Sunset/Dinner Cruise was definitely a highlight! The locals call it "The Booze Cruise", but it is really great fun and very entertaining. During the day they operate a great glass bottom boat ride that is fun for the whole family. Parker Ranch and Waimea are wonderful and if you're lucky enough to be there for the 4th of July rodeo - enjoy! Kona Coast Resort has to be the nicest resort we have stayed at! The units are beautiful and the staff treat you like true Ohana (family)! I will always treasure the wonderful memories and laughter shared with my mom and aunties in this beautiful spot overlooking the Blue Pacific!Quick Tips: The Edelweiss Restaurant in Waimea is superb...Read More

Hapuna Beach State Park

Attraction | "Hapuna State Beach Park"

This beach is one of the best in Hawaii. The waves are great and there's beautiful white sand. You do need to be an experienced swimmer and be aware of undertow! Very nice grassy area and picnic area. It is a bit of a hike down a hillside but definitely worth the hike.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 8, 2003