Chattanooga Journals

Chattanooga, Tn. Here We Come!

A July 2002 trip to Chattanooga by mandm67

Quote: Vacation trip with my sister-in-law and two nieces.

Sheraton Read House Hotel

Hotel | "Read House Hotel & Suites"

The Read House is a historial hotel on the National Historic Register. There is museum quality art serving as a tribute to the Civil War. This is why I chose it. The lobby area was very beautiful with a Victorian feel.

While the room was clean enough, the oldness of the hotel was very apparent in the cracked walls, poor air circulation, and small rooms. They were undergoing some renovations so we tried to overlook the problem areas.

The staff were very nice, accommodating, and professional.

It is located in downtown Chattanooga about eight blocks from the Aquarium.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on July 2, 2003

Sheraton Read House Hotel
827 BROAD STREET
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402
1-423-266-4121

Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park

Attraction | "Lake Winnepesaukah"

This is one of the best amusement parks I have ever been to.

There were no major thrill rides, but a lot of family rides, from the Cannon Ball (wooden roller coaster), to the Scrambler, Merry-Go-Round, log ride, etc. The kids area had the typical kiddie rides like the cars and boats that go in circles to more advanced rides like the Frog Hopper and Parachutes.

The park was not crowded, so the waits were less than 10 minutes for most rides. My nieces had more fun here than anything else we did on the trip.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on July 2, 2003

Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park
1730 Lakeview Dr
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37412

Major Attractions

Story/Tip

Even though I live within two hours of Chattanooga, I had never been there. I enjoyed Look Out Mountain, Ruby Falls, and the Incline Railway. I was not impressed with the IMAX threatre, Children's Discovery Museum, or the Aquarium. I took my six- and seven-year-old nieces. They were bored with the Discovery Museum which is interesting since it is for kids. The one area they really liked was the Dinosaur Excavation area. Kids get to dig in the sand and uncover fossils of a dinosaur. The Tennessee Aquarium has a lot of build up -- everyone told me how wonderful it is. I think it might be a little too large for younger children to fully enjoy. The kids did get into the outsi...Read More