Playa del Carmen Journals

Spa Palace

A December 2002 trip to Playa del Carmen by mandm67

Spa/Adventura Palace Photo, Playa del Carmen, Mexico More Photos
Quote: Our 10th wedding anniversary celebration! Most relaxing vacation ever. We planned nothing, had no schedules, and had a great time.
Spa/Adventura Palace Photo, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
All-inclusive vacation, this one was actually a freebie for us, so I am not sure of the prices. Adults only location. Other than special spa treatments, there was no charge for anything. The room had a most comfortable king size bed and a king size Jacuzzi, a refrigerator stocked with water, beer, and colas, plus a liquor cabinet.

The views all around were beautiful. The resort is off the beaten path, so there was no party crowd to deal with, nor the 'vacation pushers' whenever you went outside. Exquisite restaurants from casual to fine dining, buffet style, or waited on. The Palace resorts have superb service. Activities staff are ultra friendly and fun.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 1, 2003

Spa/Adventura Palace
Riveria Maya
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Shopping!

Attraction | "Playa De Carmen"

I was very intimidated when our cab driver dropped us off. I had never experienced a local market area like this. There were shacks and very nice shops in approximately a 10 block area. The prices were the lowest I have ever seen. Of course there were the normal t-shirts, caps, magnets, and beach wear items. There were nice jewelry shops where the silver (which is cheaper in Mexico) pieces were exquisite and very inexpensive. Many vendors wanted to bargain and I am not good at that. I much preferred the stores with price tag. If you are a good haggler, this is paradise. I found most items to be of high quality, better than some of what was in the resort gift shop. You can buy prescription m...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on July 1, 2003