Orlando Journals

ORLANDO

An August 2003 trip to Orlando by kfs1980

Quote: FAMILY VACATION TO ORLANDO 2003.

Radisson WorldGate Resort

Hotel | "Renaissance World Gate"

I worked for the company at the time, so I got a heavily discounted rate. I would still pay full price if it meant this was where I'd stay.

The front of the hotel is very pretty, big ponds with fountains and the occasional heron. Check-in was quick and easy, and they have a car rental just off to the side, so you can get everything taken care of within 15 minutes.

The rooms were bright and clean. The staff did not know I worked for the same company and were extremely accommodating -- to the point that when my father's laptop computer died, the manager offered use of her office computer. The pool was warm and clean. I would stay there again without hesitation.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 25, 2003

Radisson WorldGate Resort
3011 Maingate Lane
Kissimmee, Florida 34747

Marriott Sabal Palms Resort

Hotel | "Marriott World Center"

I was not very impressed at all. We stayed here the final weekend of our trip. I almost wish we had never moved. Once they found my reservation (a 45-minute process), they put four of us in a room with one double bed. That simply wasn't going to happen. I asked the concierge for directions to a mall nearby -- I was told to either go buy a map or take a cab. Once we got the right room, however, it was a nice spot. The room was a good size, and overlooked the gardens with a big balcony. We had four in the room, so the bathroom with a separate dressing room came in very handy. The hotel is in a very good location, and easy to find. It' s a beautiful hotel, but they would do better if the...Read More

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on June 25, 2003

Marriott Sabal Palms Resort
8805 World Center Drive
Orlando, Florida 32821

Walt Disney World Resort Magic Kingdom

Attraction | "Disney's Magic Kingdom"

Disney is not at all what I thought it would be. It's great for younger children and older adults. Not so great for those aged 16 to 25. My brother's kids are 4 and 6 -- they had a great time. My younger sister was not nearly so impressed. It stormed the day we were there -- in hindsight, it probably made it better because everyone with little kids left and there were no lines whatsoever. Overall, it was a very good day, but in my opinion, unless you have small children, your day might be better spent at someplace that caters more to adults.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on June 25, 2003

Walt Disney World Resort Magic Kingdom
Interstate 4 At U.S. Highway 192
Orlando, Florida

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Attraction | "Busch Gardens"

Busch Gardens is one of the main reasons I am in the process of planning a trip back to Orlando. It was the highlight of my weeklong vacation there. We had a wide range of ages (4 to 62) and everyone had a great time.

The animals are great -- huge fields, ponds, etc. Kids get a good idea of what they actually live like when left on their own.

Coasters are fun and rides run quick enough that there usually aren't long lines to wait in.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on June 25, 2003