St. Maarten/St. Martin Journals

First Exchange

A May 2003 trip to St. Maarten/St. Martin by Mrs. King

The Monkey  Photo, St. Maarten/St. Martin, Caribbean More Photos
Quote: Sint Maarten is a beautiful island. My husband and I went to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. We had a fabulous time. Good food, fun, and very nice people. I highly recommend this trip.

First Exchange

The Monkey  Photo, St. Maarten/St. Martin, Caribbean
I strongly recommend this island. There's lots to do. Our first day on the island, we drove around to familiarize ourselves with the island and found the Zoo. When we reached the monkey cage, one of the monkeys began to play catch with my husband. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen and the highlight of our entire trip. Each day, we were gone from early morning to late evening with activities planned to enjoy the island. The sunset dinner cruise was awesome; great food and music amongst a beautiful sunset. This is a must for couples. Flamingo Beach Resorts location affords you the ability to enjoy sights on either the Dutch or French side. My husband and I look forward to g...Read More

Flamingo Beach Resort

Hotel

Best Things Nearby:Restaurants (plenty to choose from).Best Things About the Resort:The staff and its location are excellent. Resort Experience:Flamingo Beach was very nice. Good, clean rooms. Friendly staff. Very quiet at night. Beautiful views from any room. Although I wish that we had a one-bedroom, the studio was very accommodating for my husband and I. Not too small, but just right. Every Monday night, they have Flamenco night when the Flamenco dancers and the main entertainer perform a show at poolside. It was great and very entertaining. Be sure to attend the water aerobics Tuesday thru Fridays. The instructor is very good. You feel th...Read More

Flamingo Beach Resort
6 Billy Folly Road
Pelican Key, Simpson Bay 29572

Boat House

Awesome dishes, great prices, good food. It's located right on the main road, across the street from the movie theatre on the Dutch side (Simpson Bay area).

Cherie's Cafe

Good food. Live entertainment. Closed on Monday's. The atmosphere is very entertaining. And the staff is friendly and funny.

If you're the gambling type, their location is right next to a casino, so after you eat, you can go and play your hand on the slots or the tables.

It's probably less than one mile from the Julianna Airport. Check it out!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 17, 2003

This dinner cruise was very romantic. Cheerful staff and an entertaining captain. Delicious appetizers and entrees were served. All of this with a beautiful sunset. You can't beat it! I believe the cost was roughly $45/per person.