San Francisco Journals

Week in San Fran

An April 2003 trip to San Francisco by stimey

Quote: We absolutely LOVED San Francisco. Our timeshare was wonderful, the food was fantastic, and the West Coast was beautiful.

Donatello Hotel

Hotel | "Club Donatello"

Best Things Nearby:We were right in the middle of "shopper's paradise"! Everything was within walking distance (or cable car ride).Best Things About the Resort:The timeshare unit was a studio, so it was small like a hotel unit. It had a small fridge and coffee maker but needed a microwave. The furnishings are luxurious and very well kept. They even turn down your bed and leave a chocolate on your pillow!Resort Experience:I was expecting the city to be really crowded, but it wasn't. The locals said that 9/11 had really hurt their business. They do have a lot of homeless people begging for money all over town, but we still LOVED it!! ...Read More

Donatello Hotel
501 Post Street
San Francisco, California 94102

House of Prime Rib

This place is an institution, one of the best. The steaks and prime rib will melt in your mouth, as will the desserts! Great atmosphere and the service is top notch. ENJOY !

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on September 25, 2003

House of Prime Rib
1906 Van Ness Ave
San Francisco, California 94109
+1 415 885 4605

Water Street Grille

This is a lovely restaurant overlooking the bay in Sausilito. We had lunch there and the quiche was excellent for under $10. The view and service were fantastic.

Water Street Grille
660 Bridgeway
Sausalito, California 94965

Fino

This was my favorite little secret. A great Italian restaurant, with great prices in a very romantic small hotel on Powell (I can't think of the name of the hotel). We sat by the fire and the pasta with gorganzola sauce was incredible.

Fino
624 Post St
San Francisco, California 94109
+1 415 928 2080

Blue & Gold Fleet

Attraction | "Blue and Gold Fleet Bay Cruise"

I would definitely recommend any cruise to Alcatraz and the free ferry to Sausalito, a nice artsy little town on the other side of the bay.

Blue & Gold Fleet
Pier 41 Marine Terminal
San Francisco, California 94133

Golden Gate Bridge

Attraction | "Walking the Golden Gate Bridge"

I just HAD to walk across the bridge. The locals told me that it swayed with the wind, but that you don't feel it. So true!! It was wonderful and not scary at all. A great photo opportunity but very windy, so hold onto your hat!!

Golden Gate Bridge