Cancun Journals

Quick trip to Cancun

A February 2003 trip to Cancun by zenguy

Quote: Get off the beaten path as fast as you can, and Cancun is a blast. Take the public ferry to Isla Mujeres and rent a futon on the north beach. There is a fantastic pizza joint on the island too. Get the lobster calzone.

Quick trip to Cancun

My wife and I had a three day trip to Cancun. The night life was fantastic and the clean beaches and clear water transport you right into the island state of mind. A day trip to nearby Isla Mujeres was the highlight of the trip.

Stay in a hotel near the north end of the beach. Take the public ferry to Isla Mujeres and stay away from any guided tours. Many taxi drivers will drive four people to nearby ruins for less than the tour operators would charge.

The resorts are so large that walking is a chore. Taxis are definitely the way to go. The fares are reasonable and the cabs are readily available. To get to Isla Mujeres, take the public ferry for .

Crown Paradise Club Cancun All-Inclusive

Hotel | "Crown Paradise"

This giant resort provides mediocre service to huge crowds of first time visitors. The rooms were clean and well appointed, but the pools, recreational, and dining facilities were over crowded. We tried the all-includsive food, but found it lacking, especially when compared to the good restaurants nearby.

The hotel is located at the southern tip of Cancun's beach, many miles from the shops or restaurants that you will want to visit. A cab ride is required to leave the resort. You will have a lot more fun if you stay closer to the northern end of the beach.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on May 30, 2003

Crown Paradise Club Cancun All-Inclusive
Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5
Cancun, Mexico 77500
+52 (998) 848-9000

Lorenzillio's

Restaurant | "Lorenzillios"

By the time dinner rolls around in Cancun, you will realize that everything here is large. Lorenzillio's is no exception. They deliver good food, as they promise, but be ready to pay for it.

This was an excellent restaurant for a group of eight or ten people, but couples can do better elsewhere.

The shrimp appetizer will pop your eyes out. They will bring you a large tray covered with large pink gulf shrimp.

We were glad we went once, but we'd not go back.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on June 5, 2003

Lorenzillio's
Blvd. Kukulkán
Cancun, Mexico
998/883-1254

Coco Bongo Cancun

Attraction | "Coco Bongo"

If you are looking for a huge party, then you found it. I do not think I have ever seen as many people packed into a club in my life. Every flat surface was covered with dancing patrons. Entertaining stage shows will keep you interested in the activities.

I was 35 and married when we went. I wish I had seen this place when I was 24 and single. A group of guys or gals looking to go out together to have fun and meet the other sex will not regret the price of admission.

The exit is very hard to find. Make sure you know where it is.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on June 5, 2003

Coco Bongo Cancun
Boulevard Kulkulcan 9.5 Plaza Forum By The Sea
Cancun, Mexico
(998) 883 -061

Isla Mujeres

Best day you will spend in Cancun is on Isla Mujeres. Make sure you take the public ferry from the port north of town. The taxi in Cancun will get you there. Avoid the guys who will try to talk you into their private launches. The beaches are great and the pace is much more relaxed. We enjoyed some great food and found the best deals for silver at the stores here.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 30, 2003