Nuevo Vallarta Journals

Fun in Mexico

A May 2003 trip to Nuevo Vallarta by Sharonva1

Quote: Nuevo Vallarta was a great, relaxing vacation. My husband and I invited his sister and brother for a family type vacation and there was plenty to do for all of us. We loved the pool, it was never crowded.

Fun in Mexico

The Monday night Lunada was great! Our waiters made it fun! The audience participation was interesting although the entertainment wasn't meant for the children that were there.Quick Tips: We requested to move from the main building to an ocean/pool view room which they amazingly did. Our room in the red building allowed us easy access to the adult end of the pool. We would get up early in the morning and take our coffee poolside to enjoy the quiet early morning. Even in the evening we would take a drink outside and observe the sunset with a nice glass of wine. Best Way To Get Around: Since there were four of us it was cost effective to take a taxi. There is a shuttle to the Se...Read More
Two bedroom suite was spacious with plenty of storage/closets for stuff. We took advantage of the inroom safe which kept our valuables secure. The kitchenette has enough cookware/utensils for basic food preparation. The refrigerator was small but big enough for a few drinks/snacks. The ice machine down the hall was wonderful. The beds were hard, but after a busy day, we slept well.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 29, 2003

Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta
Av. Paseo De Las Moras S/n, Fracc. Náutico Turístico
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico 63735
+52 (322) 226-4000

Mayan Palace Resort Dining

Restaurant | "Eating at Mayan Palace"

There are three main places to eat at the Mayan Palace. During the day we enjoyed food from the snack bar. The Bakal had a great champagne brunch on Sunday (regular brunch every morning).

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 29, 2003

Mayan Palace Resort Dining
Avenida Paseo De Las . Fraccionmien Nautico Turist
+52 322264-000

Santa Maria Catamaran

Attraction | "SantaMaria Catamaran"

Took a cab to the marina, paid the 10 pesos to get into the area, and then waited for our group to be called. We didn't get on the SantaMaria, but another catamaran that was being used that day. A big crowded cat . . . . not what I expected, but servicable. Most people were there with the free tour. Snorkeling was available for a short period. Then lunch on the beach or chance to go to waterfall.

Member Rating 1 out of 5 on May 29, 2003

Santa Maria Catamaran

The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

Attraction | "Mayan Palace Kayak adventure"

We signed up for the free bird sanctuary/kayak adventure. We walked to the golf course area where we got into three-person kayaks (my hubby and I with a guide).

We saw all types of birds while we were kayaking into the backwoods area. Then we went around the canal/lake type area that fed into the ocean. The guides asked if we wanted to go into the ocean and kayak back to the Mayan. Well, it was exhilirating to go over the breakers out into the bay. Once we were out there, we had to paddle back into the shore. It was like riding a surfboard into shore once we made it past a certain point. It was really fun although I was certainly glad I had a good lifejacket.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 29, 2003