Kissimmee Journals

Granddaughter's Florida Trip

An April 2003 trip to Kissimmee by Gary & Pam K

Quote: This was the first time we went to Disney. The resort we stayed at Polynesia Isles was gorgeous. The rooms were clean and large. The Jacuzzi was the kicker. We have never stayed at such a beautiful resort.

Granddaughter's Florida Trip

Disney is fantastic. There is so much to see and not enough time. We visited Magic Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Universal Studios, Sea World, and Islands of Adventures. We want to go back for more. Kissimmee is beautiful. The grounds of resorts are kept so beautiful and picturesque. Our resort was one of them. Disney can get expensive but it is well worth it. Each of our grandchildren will eventually enjoy the beauty of Disney. Daytona Beach is awesome too. I never thought a beach could be so big.Quick Tips: The only possible suggestion I might add is the road directions could be a little better. We got lost a few times as the traffic was heavy because the directions on the highways we...Read More

Polynesian Isles Resort

Hotel | "Polynesian Isle"

I have stayed in many timeshare units but I have to say this one was by far the most beautiful. The unit was a two bedroom with plenty of room for four adults and two children. There were two bedrooms with two full bathrooms. In our bedroom was a Jacuzzi. There was no musty smell as you do get in some resorts because of the dampness but not this one. The balcony was even screened in for mosquitos. That impressed me. There were two pools that were warm. I have never seen so many people mainting the grounds as this timeshare. The staff were very helpful also. I would highly recommend this timeshare/resort to anybody.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 22, 2003

3045 Polynesian Isle Boulevard
Kissimmee, Florida 34746

Best Things Nearby:Lots of places to eat. Hard to chose. Old Town amusement are is real close within walking distance. Lots of shopping even Walmart.Best Things About the Resort:Cleanliness, view, nice grounds, and size.Resort Experience:The resort is beautiful. One of the amenities that came in handy was access to free washing and drying right outside your unit. This was very important with children. There was two pools, which were very warm and clean. The hot tubs were great. I would like to have had them hotter but then again I like real hot tubs. The grounds were kept up all the time. I don't think there was a time that there wasn't anybody worki...Read More

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 22, 2003

3045 Polynesian Isle Boulevard
Kissimmee, Florida 34746

Ponderosa Steakhouse

Restaurant | "Ponderosa"

The Ponderosa is great for taking the kids. You pay one price and can enjoy a meal with a buffet. The kids like picking their own selections. They feel special. The service is great. The food is good. No reservations needed and no waiting.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 22, 2003