Bell Buckle Journals

Bell Buckle - the town that never changes

A travel journal to Bell Buckle by Tideone

Junior School Museum Photo, Bell Buckle, Tennessee More Photos
Quote: It had been over 20 years since I had last visited Bell Buckle and guess what? It was almost the same as when I had last visited with the exception of a few more antique shops and a few new buildings on the Webb School campus.

Bell Buckle - the town that never changes

The highlight of my trip back was visiting the Junior School room on the campus of Webb School

The best way to see Bell Buckle is to park the car and walk, especially in the fall when the leaves are changing and there is a coolness in the air.

Bell Buckle Cafe

Down home country cooking with some great barbecue too. If you don't happen to be in town around eating time, stop by and get some hand-squeezed lemonade. Either way you will be pleased.

Bell Buckle Cafe
16 Railroad Square
Bell Buckle, Tennessee 37020

Downtown Bell Buckle Celebrations

Attraction | "Numerous ones throughout the year"

Being a town full of antique dealers and arts and crafts folks, it seems like there is always some kind of celebration taking place.

No matter which festival you attend, whether it is the Quilt Walk in September, the Webb School Art & Craft Festival or the world-renowned Moon Pie Festival in June, you are sure to have a great time.

For more information on these great festivals contact the Bell Buckle Chamber of Commerce at 931-389-9911.

Downtown Bell Buckle Celebrations
Downtown throughout the year

Downtown Bell Buckle Shopping

Attraction | "Downtown Bell Buckle"

Bell Buckle over the past few years has become the place to go if you are shopping for that unique gift.
As the chamber of commerce brochure says, 'There is just one Bell Buckle - an enchanting mix of antiques, artists, artisians and more characters per square foot than the law allows. Shops, antique malls and great food just minutes off I-24.'
Among the stores you will find a country store, a bookstore, a craft shop, and even a museum.

Downtown Bell Buckle Shopping
Downtown Bell Buckle

Junior School Museum Photo, Bell Buckle, Tennessee
This museum means a lot to me personally because it was my English classroom when I was a student at Webb School.
I will never forget my teacher, a Mr. Cook, as he acted out 'Arsenic and Old Lace' to my class. This classroom holds a lot of memories for a lot of students at the school since it dates back to the early years of the school. It now houses a history of the school.

Junior School Museum
323 Webb Road East

The Webb School

Hotel | "Webb School"

Any visit to Bell Buckle must include a visit to the Webb School, located just a short distance from downtown. Founded in 1870, the school was an all boys school when I attended in the middle 1960's. I think I would like it a lot better now with it being coed. It had been well over 20 years since my last visit to Webb School and it was almost exactly the same as the day I left with the exception of a few new buildings. It was a Sunday afternoon in the early summer and no one was around as we strolled the campus. I had hoped to run into someone because there were several questions I wanted to ask. My main question was if there was still a rule about stopping on the campus after dark. I never cou...Read More

The Webb School