Oahu Journals

Hawaii Anniversary 2003

An April 2003 trip to Oahu by kimmcb

Quote: Beautiful, relaxing (just what they say it is) trip that we spent on Oahu and Maui, Hawaii. Five fun filled days in paradise with my beloved.

Hawaii Anniversary 2003

All the people were extra friendly and very personable. You need to walk the streets of Waikiki, the culture feels so different. You have to go to a luau of course. The best thing in Oahu for me though was being able to sleep throughout the night with the doors open to our balcony. We were on the 14th floor, oceanfront, and the souund of the ocean was so soothing. Waking up to the cool breeze, watching the sun rise was also envigorating. I also had a wonderful time over in Maui, where we took a 65 minute helicopter tour. We were awestruck. We actually have it all on video.Quick Tips: Plan to stay a minimal of seven days. There is so much to do. If you're flying from the east coast, ...Read More

Outrigger Waikiki

Hotel | "Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach"

They were excellent because our partial view wasn't ready when we arrived, they upgraded us to a newly renovated ocean view. Everything clean and up to date.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 19, 2003

Outrigger Waikiki
2335 Kalakaua Avenue
Oahu, Hawaii

Society of Seven

Attraction | "Society of Seven (SOS)"

The group of seven performers were just as advertised, "first class entertainment", singing a variety of styles of vintage songs. I was most impressed with them being able to go from 50s and 60s music to the Phantom of the Opera. It was one of the best experiences I had in Hawaii. If they were anywhere near on the mainland I would surely go and tell all my friends. They were fantastic!!!

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 19, 2003

Society of Seven
2335 Kalakaua Ave
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815

Paradise Cove Luau

The entire presentation was done in good taste. Our tour guide was excellent, and the dancers were magnificant - both male and female. For an extra 15 dollars the scrumptious meal converts from buffet to served to you in excellent taste with unlimited Mai Tai's. We were entertained with Polynesian games, arts, craft, and a chance to learn their native dance.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 19, 2003

Paradise Cove Luau
2024 N King St
Oahu, Hawaii 96819

We flew to Maui by plane and picked up a jeep that was included in our air and car super saver excursion. We scouted out one side of Maui during the morning -- beautiful sights.

At 2pm we boarded a helicopter ride with two other couples and took one of the most awe-inspiring flights I can think of. We saw towering waterfalls migrating whales, manta rays feeding, and an array of spectacular mountains and valleys.

Member Rating 4 out of 5 on May 19, 2003