Kauai Journals

Hawaii - Pre-Child!

An August 2002 trip to Kauai by Andrix

Quote: My wife and I spent two weeks on Kauai. We golfed, hiked, took helicopter and boat tours, ate out, and soaked up the slow pace!

Brick Oven Pizza

Yummy 'za. Recommended by locals and they do some advertising in the discount books. It is great pizza.

Make sure you get there a little early or a little late as the locals fill the place. Great service, airy atmosphere (though a bit dark inside), and parking could be an issue pending crowd.

A little pricier than I expected, but the taste, variety of options, and beer made it worth it.

Member Rating 3 out of 5 on May 19, 2003

Brick Oven Pizza
2-2555 Kaumualii Highway
Kalaheo, Hawaii 96741
+1 808 332 8561

Bubba's Burgers

Restaurant | "Bubba Burger"

The website lured me in . . . free drink (soda) if you bring in the ad you printed off. Don't worry if you lose it, they are everywhere.

The burger was good and sloppy! Fries were a little blah. Loved the birds that flew by as we people-watched!

One of those places you go to say you've been there.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on May 19, 2003

Bubba's Burgers
4-1421 Kuhio Highway
Kapa'a, Hawaii 96746
+1 808 823 0069

Poipu Bay Resort Golf Course

Attraction | "Po’ipu Bay Resort"

The $65 twighlight rate made this the best course on the island! The greens were decent, though a little slow for my taste. Fairways were lush and full. The course was wide open and in great shape. Shooting an 84 (11 handicapper) was decent for me. From the range, to being partnered (they re-organized a couple groups so similar speaking people played together!), to the cool towel after the round, to the ocean views, I felt treated as a professional golfer. Highly recommend it.

Member Rating 5 out of 5 on April 30, 2003

Poipu Bay Resort Golf Course
2250 Ainako Street
Koloa, Kauaʻi County, Hawaii 96756

Princeville Golf Course

Attraction | "Princeville (Prince Course)"

Tiger shot an 84. I'm a 10-14 handicapper and was pleased with a 101 from the middle/back tees. The views are amazing. Fairways are generous. Greens pretty true. Lots of blind, tunnel, or setup shots. Knowing the course would definetly help. The concession guy slept in (we were the only ones on the course at 8am on a Saturday!). But, to his defense, when he heard my wife was four months pregnant, he had sandwiches, beverages, etc. out there on the double with a little discount to boot. Beautiful, HARD, and fun. Not for the budget conscious. Play there early and go to the "sister" courses for 1/2 price golf. Must be done the same day, but well worth it.

Member Rating 2 out of 5 on May 19, 2003