Leicester Journals

cruising

A March 2003 trip to Leicester by misty1

Quote: I went on an educational trip to Canaltime at Union Wharf with eight work collegues. We had a great time. I didn't think I would like it as I'm not an outdoors type of person, but I would definitely go back.

cruising

We sailed along the canal to Foxton Locks, which took us about two hours, and there moored up for the night. Foxton has a nice pub called The Bridge, which we went to for our evening meal -- good value. The following day, we sailed up to North Kilworth, which took us about four hours -- it was a lovely day, which made it nice. When we moored up for the evening, we took a short walk to a pub called The Swan. It had a lovely atmosphere and the landlord was great. They really go out there way to help you. The food was fab there and brillant for the money. Quick Tips: In North Kilworth, you can fill up with water. I would recommend to take your own food with you on the canal befo...Read More

Canal Time

Story/Tip

I would recommend this type of holiday for couples, families (wouldn't recommend for infants), or a group of friends. I would also recommend to ring the resort 24 hours before arrival.

About the Writer